What is the proper way to measure your bust?

Options
Quick question -where should you measure you bust at if you are taking starting measurements? when i measured at the middle of the breast the number was 38", but when i measured at the bra line band it was 30". which is the number i should be using?

Replies

• xbekkiex
    xbekkiex Posts: 30
    Options
    I'd also like to know if you measure with, or without a bra on?
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    good question, i measured with a light, no underwire bra on. should i deduct inches. so confused. :noway:
  • xbekkiex
    xbekkiex Posts: 30
    Options
    ooo

http://www.ehow.com/how_2330621_measure-bust-size.html

this says no bra, and says to do under breasts (with arms down) and across nipples. I'm thinking I'll need my husband to help!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Two hands.

lol

Joking aside...my GF is a seamstress

She says

You measure once under the bust with the arms down and also across the breasts at nipple height
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Great question!! I've been thinking about measuring bust to add to my metrics of things that aren't the scale that I measure (ya know since the scale hates me).

As long as you consistently wear the same bra you should be able to see differences...

Thanks to @fiveohmike's GF for the information!!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Two hands.

I hit reply, started typing the above, and then thought "I bet another dude beat me to it".

Well done sir.
  • marieautumn
    Options
    Two hands.

I hit reply, started typing the above, and then thought "I bet another dude beat me to it".

Well done sir.

:laugh:
  • marieautumn
    Options
    Dang i guess my self measuring isnt too reliable. going to have to bring in back up to help me with this one.
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    For tracking measurements? I track both since under the breast/around ribs shows fat loss on back and over the breast (at nips) to tells me if my girls are shrinking! A bra sizing does both and the difference between the two indicates cup size and the rib measurement gives band size.