Kristin's Turkey Chilli

Options
Ok, this is the most awesome turkey chilli ever, with a little experimentation I have perfected it and boy is it fantastic low cal, low carb and low fat can you beat it lol?

1 pkg 99% fat free ground turkey breast
1 onion
1 bell pepper
2 celery hearts or stalks
1 tbs crushed fresh garlic
2 tsps cumin
2 tsps ground red pepper
2 tsps paprika
1-2 tablespoons chilli powder
1 can chicken broth
1 can stewed tomatos crushed or smash with hands
salt and pepper to taste

in a skillet or large flat sauce pan spray with pam and combine chopped onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic sautee until semi soft

Then add turkey and all seasonings cook completely then add your canned tomatos and finally your chicken broth SLOWLY and bring to a boil. Turn down to low heat and let simmer for 20 mins or until turkey thickens! YUMMY AND OH SOOO GOOD! I PROMISE :-)

Calories for 1 1/4 cups 198 fat 1 gram carbs 15

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds delicious! I make a different kind of chili every Packer game, think my husband would like it though? A texan who doesn't consider it a meal with out a pound of beef... think I could get away wih it?!
  • xStargazerx
    Options
    Sounds really good! I love turkey!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm not big into red meat, but I prefer turkey chili to beef chili.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    No beans? No bean chili hmmm? I thought chili was always made with beans!!!
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    MamaTurner I sure do, add a can of pinto beans and he will NEVER miss the beef especially if you will add alittle more tomatos and chicken broth you could do 2 cans of each instead of one and it wont be so thick,more thin like a home made beef chilli because this chilli does get some what thick when its fully simmered. The reason I do not add the pintos (which I love) is because I am watching my calories and my carbs and I would want to add the entire can!! LOL
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    this sounds delicious!! Kristin, would you mind adding it to the food database? i want to try it tonight :drinker:
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    Willy I have already done so :-) just add the pinto beans to the calories and divide by 4 to get the calories per 1.25 cups which essentially is 1 and 1/4 cups! Shouldnt add more than 70 or 80 calories at most! Anyone that tries this recipe please let me know how it turns out for you? Dying to know if you love it like I do!
  • Koreapsu
    Options
    I wish we had access to turkey like this in NZ.

All you ever see in our supermarkets is the whole turkey, no specific cuts.

Other than some dodgy rolled turkey meat that is, and that stuff is suspicious.
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    You have access to it, all you have to do is get the ingredients listed at the very top of the page and make it at home! :-)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You have access to it, all you have to do is get the ingredients listed at the very top of the page and make it at home! :-)
    I think what they are saying is they are in New Zealand and do not have ground turkey:ohwell:
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    wow, huuum well that sucks! How about ground chicken breast? Very lean ground beef? etc it can be made with just about any lean ground meat if you can find the very lean ground beef it is only 120 calories and 5 grams of fat for 4 oz
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    Or.....you could boil a turkey salt and pepper it with celery onion and garlic. before it cools while it is still hot get a corn grinder and a corn grinding bowl and just grind the meat it will shread it very finely and then you can just refridgerate what you dont use as long as it is finly minced and turkey breast, you can do it! Wont taste a bit different. OR you could always get a home use meat grinder
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I wish we had access to turkey like this in NZ.

All you ever see in our supermarkets is the whole turkey, no specific cuts.

Other than some dodgy rolled turkey meat that is, and that stuff is suspicious.

my friend bought a 40 dollar meat grinder because she doesnt trust the supermarket fat content.
    She makes her own ground turkey, chicken, beef, pork
  • MillieFicarra
    MillieFicarra Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristin, This does look yummy! I'm just wondering if the 198 is calories and if you were able to figure out the protein. I'm going to make it this week. Thanks.
    Millie