STUCK!!!!

Options
I seem to fluctuate between 5 lbs and have been stuck for about 6 months. I tried a low cal diet, around 1100-1200 for weeks with some slight cheating. I lost a few lbs but the moment I added in calories, I gained it right back. I feel like Ive tried EVERYTHING when it comes to dieting.. Im petite, short and muscular and could use any advice or tips!!

Replies

• Megana313
    Megana313 Posts: 4
    Options
    Discipline is the hardest but best thing! That means NO CHEATING! It sucks, I know. But just think of how you will feel when you get to your goal weight! I know it's hard but I have a lot of great food ideas if you want to message me.
  • Xena03
    Xena03 Posts: 12
    Options
    Given that I don't know what you weigh nor what you should weigh my opinion is probably going to be generic. Please don't be offended if I'm off point!

First, your pic doesn't look like you need to lose any (although I realize it might not be a current pic) so maybe you're only mentally stuck on a number that you think you "should" be. Is it possible that your ideal number is what you weighed before puberty or before you were more muscley? Your first clue would be if you talk to your friends or family about losing weight and they role their eyes at you and say look fine. If they think you look ok shouldn't you? Many people who lose weight still wear their fat glasses. :)

Another possiblility is that if you are muscley because you weight train than going as low as 1100-1200 calories could put you in starvation mode. The big clue here is that when you began eating normally again you put the weight back on. You should be able to go back up in calories to maintance weight without your body freaking out like that. Your body needs the consistancy of appropriate calories to be able to "trust" you that it can let go of your fat and not worry where the next meal is going to come from.

Meanwhile, I'm on this crazy roller coaster with ya so take it with a grain of salt.
  • nreamon
    nreamon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I believe most of it comes from my "ideal weight." I know how I want to look and I know my weaknesses that stop me from getting there. I want to lose about 10 lbs but I feel like Ive tried so many things. I took a couple weeks to increase my calories and I ended up gaining a couple lbs so I was at loss for words and ideas after that!
  • nreamon
    nreamon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes please! I sent you a message.. thanks again!
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't get stuck on what you think the scale should say. Look in the mirror and take measurements if you want to see the real changes. Check out the group on here EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS. It's good stuff!

Good luck!