Stretch Marks

Options
ok... so i have some stretch marks on my sides and i know that they will NEVER go away but does anyone know how to make them less noticeable?

Replies

• Rachel89
    Rachel89 Posts: 68
    Options
    ok... so i have some stretch marks on my sides and i know that they will NEVER go away but does anyone know how to make them less noticeable?
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have tried some creams, but no luck so far. I forget to use them as often as they say though (probably 3 times a week instead of 2 times per day.) I have the marks on my stomach and thighs. :grumble:
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There is a product called Merdema and it works I also use pure vitamin E oil and it helps also:smile:
  • Rachel89
    Options
    why do you get Merdema and how much does it cost?
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I know a trick we all did in college. of course as you loose wieght they will reduce. But one thing covers them no matter what color your skin. TANNING. Yep even I would lay out with sun screen on everything but my cheeks lol. And whalla no stretch marks all summer. Now you don't have to do the sun damage, you can just buy self tanner. Think about it if and where you tan you can barely see the blemishes on your skin until the tan starts to fade. Jergens makes a cheap one and my mom uses it (she's really fair skinned, green eyes lol) causes it hides varicous veins the small kind too when she gets her legs tanned and stretch marks.
  • Bambola13
    Bambola13 Posts: 22
    Options
    I totally agree, self tanner is the way to go! I've tryed all those strech mark creams and nothing ever works :grumble:
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm fair and use a product by Jergans. It's a daily moisturizer with a hint of self tanner so it doesn't streak like regular self tanners. I noticed my strech marks are less noticble. I too have them on my sides (the worst part of my bod).
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    stretch marks are miserable. I have them on my thighs. I hit a growth spurt in 7th grade and ever since then I've been embarrassed by my thighs. They've been big and chunky and small and toned but they still don't look like my skin. I've heard that Vitamin E oil really works well.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think self-tanner or having a tan works the best. Unfortunately, I cannot use self-tanner b/c it breaks me out. I have tried all kinds so I think it's the actual tanning ingredient. So, be careful of a breakout if your skin is sensitive to the self-tanner. To avoid streaking use a gradual tanner.

I also agree that as you lose weight they will get somewhat smaller. When I was pregnant and about 6 months after (I breastfed my baby) my boobs and butt were a mess but now they look much better!

I have heard good reviews about Mederma. I've never tried it though.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies...I just wanted to chime in...I had really bad stretch marks after pregnancy...they do fade away over time to the point where they are barely visible...instead of being purpleish they shrink and fade to just a slightly lighter shade than the rest of your skin color.
  • Rachel89
    Options
    ok so i guess im getting and appearance of stretch marks and brother just lost a lot of weight and his stretch marks are really bad since he lost weight their all over his body and they are a really dark color is this going to happen to me?