Road Trip! Advice for staying on track please.

Options
I'm going on a road trip with my wife over Memorial Day weekend. We will be stopping in Maine, Boston, CT, and NYC. Can you offer any tips for maintaining a healthy diet and exercising while on the road? Thanks :smile:

Replies

• wielandm
    wielandm Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Have a nice day :bigsmile:
  • cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm going to be taking a road trip this summer from California to Illinois. My plan is to take a walk after I stop for lunch, and then go for a jog in the evenings AND the mornings. They can be short, (maybe only 20 minutes) but I figure sitting for whole days in the car will be uncomfortable and some easy jogs will help keep my muscles loose and happy.

For food? I'm a little concerned, but I'll definitely pack some snacks, like these amazing organic chili-lemon pistachios I get out here, and a bag of fruit, a case of water, etc. I don't like fast food, so hopefully I can find some healthy diner options. I will definitely continue to log, and try to keep around my goal for calories/exercise, but will be forgiving if I go over.

Have a great trip!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Ask for your food to be prepared without glaze or salt. It makes a friggin' huge difference at everywhere from McDonald's to ma and pa diners.

Almonds, strawberries, and carrots are my favorite snacky foods.