New :)

Options
Hey everyone :)

Joined a couple of weeks ago and now I've recovered from the shock at just how MUCH I was overeating, I'm coming to introduce myself.

I'm from W Yorks (UK), am 32 and my boyfriend proposed last month. I refuse to be fat on my wedding day so the diet starts. I'm having to be really careful atm because although I still have a LOT of calories to eat - I've got used to eating Weight Watchers 0point food and eating as much of it as I can. I could eat a punnet of grapes (so 500g) and 6 kiwi as well as other, not so healthy foods but her, it was OK cos it 0 points, right?! Unsurprisingly I put on weight so need to be super good now.

I lost 8 stone on the old WW system but stopped losing weight (see the 0 point comment too!) but was also in the gym 9 times a week. My life no longer has the time for that so I'm having to start being strict about going 3 times a week. I hope despite that I'll get nearly as fit as I was before - I did a 10k race in a rubbish time so I'm keen to beat that.

Off to go work my way round the other forums now :)

FGS.

Replies

• marapalumbo
    marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! I came here from Weight Watchers, too. At first I didn't like MFP as much because I love the 0 point foods, but now I prefer knowing exactly what I'm eating each day. Plus, the food list here is better and more complete than the WW one.
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    I felt the same way, having done WW in the past. It just wasn't working for me any more. Also...this is free! :wink:

Good luck and Congrats!!!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome... and a past WW person. I also had an issue going from points to calories. But I can assure you ... WW can change their point 100x, but there is only way to count calories.

And I can completely understand not have same amount of time for the gym that you used to.

Hopefully you can find some support and motivation here....

Congrats on your engagement. :smile:
  • fatgirlslim32
    fatgirlslim32 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the welcome :) We haven't set a wedding date yet (we can't decide where to get married!) but hopefully I should have a good couple of years to do it in.

Do I want a Fitbit?