My First NSV

Options
manda1002
manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
And it's pretty big for me.

Today was hubbys birthday, and he wanted Pizza Hut buffet for supper. Of course he would, right? And the drive there and walking into the restaurant I'm thinking to myself "this is it for the week. going to be at least 1lb up" as I have NO control when it comes to pizza.

Well today was different. The salad looked amazing to me. So I had a huge plate of salad (no dressing...not a huge fan). Then I had 2 small pieces of veggie pizza. And I was stuffed. I also had it with a glass of water, which is also a huge thing for me, as I could probably down at least 3 glasses of pop with pizza.

So anyway, yay me, thanks for reading. Continue on now, nothing to see here :bigsmile:

Replies

• mylilyflower
    Options
    Yay you. You are strong. I just dont have any self control when it comes to pizza hut. Thats my daughters favorite place.
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WTG! Buffets in general are hard, but pizza? I love love love pizza! For you to only have 2 pieces of the veggie (which I'm guessing is the healthiest pizza they have there) plus a big salad is amazing :)
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Well done, I envy your self control
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yay! Jealous!:)
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    It is amazing what you can do when you really try. Your self discipline was super. Congrats!!!
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow! That IS amazing! Pizza is a big weakness of mine too, let alone a buffet!!! :noway:

Congratulations! Now that you've done it once (and it seems to me like it was relatively easy for you), just use this experience in the future when you are struggling. You've proven you can do! Great job!!!!
  • finally79
    finally79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am so encouraged by your self discipline. I am in the process of training my body to want the healthy stuff and just take a bite of the not so good stuff and walk away not feeling like a failure, but instead a success. Congrats on your NSV!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • 3BeersKen
    3BeersKen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Ok, hate to be a noob, but what's NSV?
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm really quite proud of myself! I now know if I can do it there, I can do it anywhere :) haha

And NSV is non scale victory :)
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great job! Pizza is the hardest thing to eat in moderation!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!