diet coke

Options
jtjkj
jtjkj Posts: 1 Member
I like to have one diet coke / day at lunch. What is wrong with diet coke and weight loss. Thanks JTJKJ

Replies

• angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I once read a report which was formed by doctors and it stated that diet cokes/fizzy drinks which contain a certain artificial sweetener (cant remember name now cos it was so long ago) it reacts over a certain tempreture and turns it into a chemical which is similar to what fire ants spray out (i think its something like aspartame)... This report was based on a women who lived off sodas and ended up in a wheel chair and they couldnt understand what had caused it untill they realised it wasd the soda =x....

as for your question I dont really see what is wrong with diet coke other than that above but this women drank it excessively everyday and all day, but i think theres no harm in once a day.

id be interested to see what other people say =p
  • Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with Diet Coke as long as that's not the only thing you drink. I personally find it repulsive and just stick to water.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I allow myself regular coke as my cheat item. I still eat healthy and exercise like Lance Armstrong.

The only issue I can see with soda's of any kind is that your body doesn't recognize it as food. So you can drink many calories and still feel hungry. But diet soda probably has some chemical enhancements that smarter people will tell you is bad for you.
  • toomuchcupcakes
    Options
    I have a copy of the diet book "Skinny *****". In the first few pages they refer to diet soda as liquid satan and say to give it up on the grounds that its poison. If I recall correctly, it is due to the artificial sweetener asparatame. Thats usually as far as I make it in the book before shelving it for another year because I love me some Diet Coke.

Recent studies have indicated that the phosphorus in sodas (not just DC) may cause bone health issues as high levels of phosphorus may leach calcium from your bones.

I still drink it though :)
  • seandcarey
    seandcarey Posts: 7
    Options
    It has a lot of sodium. Some people say that carbonated drinks keep your fat cells open and more receptive to take in unwanted things you eat. (I don't believe this) I drink diet coke regularly.