Hello!

Options
Hi! This is my first serious attempt to lose weight. I have tried all sorts of diets and such, but never stuck with it for very long. This time is different. All of my friends are getting diabetes and that is one trend I don't want to follow.

About me, let's see....I'm from St Louis MO. I'm uber stressed right now with finishing my second bachelors. I graduate in the fall and keep hitting small bumps along the way. I deal with my stress by eating treats and watching movies or reading. I don't exercise much. I recently started yoga, but I'm not sure how well that is going to take off. I do enjoy loud music and dancing around my living room like a git.

Replies

• novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What is your first Bachelors in?

This site can help you track your intake and build in a deficit set by you. It's a slow but safe method. It really pays off if your honest with yourself when logging food and exercise.

Dancing is a form of exercise that can burn plenty of calories and it's fun...so is it really exercise lol?
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This has been a great site for me. Lots of great information and people to help you get going and stay focused. I can somewhat relate to what you are going through. I am currenlty working on my Bacholars also. What was your first one and what are you working on getting now? I have the same issue with eating when I am stressed, I would say I have/had a love affair with Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby ice cream when I am stressed. Just went through a small hicup and in my journey and just got back on track. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • clharmon79
    clharmon79 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm working on my elementary education degree now. I already have a degree in psychology. I, also, love Ben & Jerry's. What are you getting your degree in?