Been around a while, just now making forums

Options
Okay folks - I have been using MFP for some time now, maybe 7-8 months, possibly more. Thought I would take the time to intro myself here in the forums :-)

I have lost a little over 60 pounds in my weight loss efforts. My MFP says 45 (ish) because I already lost some weight prior to using it. I have utilized a combination of methods including supplements, eating less junk, some exercise (although this is a bit limited at the time due to schedule), and some "I don't know if this actually works methods" like taking really cold showers (an intro to cold thermogenesis).

I am slightly motivated by vanity, but moreso by health. Since August of last year, I have quit smoking (a pack+ a day habit) and along with my weight loss, significantly reduced my chances of heart attack (which plague my family on both sides). I was tired of making excuses for my health and decided to do something about it. Now, I help others do the same.

Looking forward to meeting new friends here, like-minded folks.

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on stopping smoking, wish my DH could do it.

Sorry your intro got pushed off the first page to quickly. Be sure to check out Groups too
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    Awesome job on the weight loss so far! Keep up the good work! Add me if you like!

Tim
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I saw your post on the other forum, sorry everyone let this thread drop off so quickly.

And welcome to the forums! :)
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/E2so9mx3Iag

Welcome welcome welcome, a fine welcome to you!
    Welcome welcome welcome I say "how do you do?"
    Welcome welcome welcome I say "Hipp hipp hurray!"
    Welcome welcome welcome to M.F.P Todaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

Wait for it....

*CONFETTI*

=D (now I send you a friend request)
  • stacey1172
    stacey1172 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job so far- congratulations!!! Feel free to add me to help with motivation and support. I was a forum lurker for a few weeks myself, and I'm so glad that I decided to reach out to everyone. The friends I have on here are amazing!
  • barians
    barians Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Very nice job! Quitting smoking and losing weight at the same time is very difficult. This site sure helps. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it helped me break through my plateau. I've been religious about it ever since. I work out almost every morning and try my best to stay under my calorie count. Lost 23 pounds so far but 60 is my goal. Feel free to add me.
  • damionflynn
    damionflynn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. I can't even say I have been a lurker in the forums as the first time I really checked them out was when I posted this intro. Decided to check them out when the feed was down :-)

I am very motivated and have dune countless hours of research on weight loss (safe and effective), supplements, and more so if I can be of any help - let me know :-)
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me.....was using the tools since the latter part of last year but have only recently started using the community/forums part of this site.....

Welcome and a big congrats on quitting smoking......I quit smoking 2 years ago (cold turkey) and am sooo glad I did....

Feel free to add me as well and same goes for everyone else - always looking for more support and encouragement to share/give!!! :)
  • yoyoannieo
    yoyoannieo Posts: 42
    Options
    congrats on your fantastic achievements :) My story is simiarly to tahine01 as well with the quitting smoking, and the only just using forums etc. Feel free to add me too! Well done