Need a protein punch!

Options
Jauryn
Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
Hey everyone. I'm not much of a cook, but I'm starting to realize I won't be able to get away with that for too long. I'm not making my protein goals most days so I'm looking for good, low cal meals that pack some good protein in them, as well as any suggestions for maybe snack foods or something that I could eat but really I'm just looking for meals since I don't snack much during the day (doing IF 16/8 atm with good results so far :))

Anyway, thanks for any recipes you can provide!

Replies

• hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm going to piggyback my request onto yours - most days I'm fine on everything else, but way low on protein. My concern is if I eat more to get the protein in, the other things (fat, sodium) will go over. I'd love to see recipes (or just general food ideas) that are heavier on protein and lower on the other items. :)
  • mrsbez1
    mrsbez1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    smoothies with protein powder, protein pancakes, beef jerky, hard boiled eggs, lean meats, cottage cheese, tuna
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of:

plain grilled salmon
    plain grilled chicken
    tuna
    turkey meatballs with a little homemade marinara
    eggs & egg whites
    cottage cheese
    greek yogurt
    almonds
    protein shakes
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I could use a little help too. A lot of the stuff I eat is pretty much packaged and I'd like to do some of my own cooking instead of relying on packaged food or (though I hate to admit this :blushing: ) my parents for eats. Anything new would do here!!! :happy:
  • siobhancmorrow
    Options
    this is an awesome list an really helpful!