I caved :(

Options
I've been doing this (again) for nearly two weeks and have lost some. But today, I caved and had a small treat...probably about 200 calories...I'm a teacher and the PTA had yummy goodness. And I caved. I'm trying not to feel bad about this. Now I only have about 400 calories left to eat for the day and it's only 1pm. I know I will get some exercise in, but still. Please tell me I'm not the only one :frown:

Replies

• JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Take a 30 minute walk if you feel that bad, but remember Rome wasnt' built in a day, neither will a new lifestyle of different and better food choices become habitual overnight. Its one snack, move on to the next thing and for supper have a green and veggies salad with chicken. Tomorrow is a new day and a new calorie number to fill with good for you foods!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    wow..200 calorie snack?

yes...you are the only one in the whole world who has dont that.

shame on you...hit the deck and give me 20!
  • wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welp...it's an extra 200 calorie snack beyond my original packed planned snack :tongue:
    wow..200 calorie snack?

yes...you are the only one in the whole world who has dont that.

shame on you...hit the deck and give me 20!
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself! This is a lifestyle change and in life there will be treats from time to time, you can't deny every single one forever. Get some exercise and have a light, nutritious dinner and enjoy your weekend. It sounds like you've been doing really well the past 2 weeks so don't let one treat negate that in your mind because you feel guilty.
  • wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welp...it's an extra 200 calorie snack beyond my original packed planned snack :tongue:
  • Bettershape9
    Options
    That's better than the 700+ I did today. But I logged it. I'm looking long term. Thank God!:bigsmile:
  • wendiann2222
    Options
    As long as the PTA isnt following you around everyday, you should be fine :tongue:
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    Been there!!
    Work brings all these unhealthy stuff to eat.
    Today they brought pizza!!!
    Argh!!! %&^$
    I'm gonna go the back way out and not even look at it to avoid it!!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it as a failure. As long as you are eating healthier the majority of the time eating something less healthy (especially only 200 calories) is not going to derail all your hard work. It's all about balance! If you restrict yourself too much all the time it will lead to discouragement when you slip up.
  • POKlink
    POKlink Posts: 19
    Options
    If you deprive yourself completely of all the goodies in life, you probably won't make it far with the new lifestyle. I sure wouldn't anyway. Log whatever you eat, and if you have gone over your calories, exercise to make up for it. It is an ongoing thing at work that whenever somebody has a birthday they bring in donuts for the whole floor. Some days I can't hardly stand the thought of not having a donut, so I have a donut! I log it and watch what I eat the rest of the day. If I'm over I will workout when I get home to make up for it.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Try not to see it as "caving". Try to see it as life. You haven't failed, you're just living life, which has treats in it. I'm betting even with going over your goal by 200 cals, you'd still be at a calorie deficit, and therefore still set to lose. Even if not, it's not a huge deal. Honestly! You can exercise a little longer today (but please don't punish yourself!) or you could cut a few cals from the next few days, or you could just accept that for one day you have made your calorie deficit slightly smaller, and move on. If this is truly going to be a permanent lifestyle change, you need to be able to work treats into your day and not feel guilty about them.

Keep in mind, you'd have to consume roughly 3,500 calories above your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, a number that is significantly bigger than your daily calorie goal) in order to gain 1 lb of fat. So don't panic! I hope you enjoyed the treat. :flowerforyou:
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't worry about it. i've learned u can't eliminate anything completly from ur diet cuz that only makes u want it that much more. and if ur that worried about do a little extra work out like i do and burn it right back off. or like someone else said eat a salad. that's only 20 calories. :)
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a dessert a week and an off-diet meal and was steadily losing 3 lbs a week.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Even as fit as Madonna is, she says she splurges on weekends, has whatever she wants for a meal on the weekend and dessert too.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I eated a cookie.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    it never fails...someone posts about over eating and everyone says the same thing..."don't beat yourself up" etc etc etc.

blah blah blah

instead...take good notice of how you are reacting to your indulgence...take notes...use this moment of weakness to prevent it from happening again....

use it, beat yourself up a bit so you remember it and then move on

dont buy into all this ...its part of life nonsense....your new life can begin as soon as you start taking responsibility for your actions

good luck
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Call it a treat and move on....it doesn't mean you failed, just that you stumbled. Get your feet back on strait and carry on. Put in a little extra effort during your workout and call it good. Two hundred calories is nothing to get upset about when it takes over 3,500 to gain a pound of fat.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    a 200 calorie treat does not sound like you caved to me. If you have 400 calories and still plan on workout out, that leaves you prolly around 600, if not more for dinner. sounds just fine to me.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Two hundred calories is not a problem. You can easily work that off in 30-60 minutes. Relax--200 calories will add less than 6/100's of a pound. Press on!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I eated a cookie.

:heart: I eated two homemade chocolate chip cookies this morning...and they were DELICIOUS.