Happy to be overweight! :)

Options
Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I have now logged 85 days with MFP. I have been reading these forums regularly without posting anything. I am happy to be overweight because I am no longer obese as I was before starting with MFP. When I joined this website early March 2012 I weighed 231. However at my highest weight I was 275, I had lost weight prior to joining MFP but gained some back. :( I am working towards my goals, still have a ways to go but pleased to be headed in the right direction. Today I weighed in at 196.4 which puts me in the high end of "overweight" BMI. :)

I read about the C25K program here and am working my way towards running a 5K charity run at the end of July.

Thanks for reading this. :)

Replies

• JJPT
    JJPT Posts: 69
    Options
    fantastic! congrats on getting into the next BMi level!:drinker:
  • tam823
    tam823 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good for you on all of your hard work. 5K's are a blast, good luck on your training!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! That is a great accomplishment :)
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I can't wait to hit the overweight category. Right now I am about 270-275. I hate it. Being called morbidly obese makes me feel horrible.
  • EAH123
    EAH123 Posts: 40
    Options
    AWESOME!! I started at 279 and am down to 225 as of today. I am not longer bigger than my 17 year old brother who's taller than me. I am also six foot. I still have a ways to go but am not that jiggly as I was. :)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Great that you are now at a weight beginning with a 1 not a 2 - I've seen it referred to as ONEderland on here. Congratulations!
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    Feels good doesn't it?
    I went from obese, to overweight to healthy!!!!
    Yay everyone!!
    You're doing great!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I have now logged 85 days with MFP. I have been reading these forums regularly without posting anything. I am happy to be overweight because I am no longer obese as I was before starting with MFP. When I joined this website early March 2012 I weighed 231. However at my highest weight I was 275, I had lost weight prior to joining MFP but gained some back. :( I am working towards my goals, still have a ways to go but pleased to be headed in the right direction. Today I weighed in at 196.4 which puts me in the high end of "overweight" BMI. :)

I read about the C25K program here and am working my way towards running a 5K charity run at the end of July.

Thanks for reading this. :)

I'll admit, I came here to question why you were happy to be overweight. But, now I realize you're in the same position I was last year. Congrats!
  • CleanKim
    CleanKim Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Happy for you! It's time to do the Happy Dance!
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow that's really amazing!! I'm so happy for you to be out of the obese BMI range that's a huge accomplishment for your health, and I bet you look great!!!

Keep going!
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well, that is great! I am looking forward to being "just overweight" as well! Couch to 5k is a great program. Good luck to you!
  • Dawn_is_getting_healthy
    Options
    YAYAYAY!!! So excited for you....I'm about 6 pounds or so from being overweight. I can't wait!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    WTG!! Thanks for sharing your accomplishment....it really helps!
  • rjams
    rjams Posts: 48
    Options
    that's great! Sometimes what they categorize as overweight does not fit for everyone.
  • riccilynette
    Options
    Awesome! I weigh about 227 lbs and I can only imagine the day when I see less than 200 lbs!! I am on week 2 of C25K and I signed up for the Color Run in New Orleans in November. Good luck with yours!
  • riccilynette
    Options
    :happy:
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

Just wanted to add that I am 5"8 if anyone was curious.
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    well done! Thats really great work
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    That is so cool!! A lot of us on here can realate to this joy!! Good on you and well done for all your hard work!! I got my BMI down to 29.5 thiss week when I started at 37!! Yay us overweight people!!
  • EowynWard
    EowynWard Posts: 9
    Options
    Awesome! way to go!