I caved :(

Options

Replies

• mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    sweetie I cave too. We all do it once in a while. Just finish the day. Enter everything and accept that tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow is a better day where you can start a new.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    it never fails...someone posts about over eating and everyone says the same thing..."don't beat yourself up" etc etc etc.

blah blah blah

instead...take good notice of how you are reacting to your indulgence...take notes...use this moment of weakness to prevent it from happening again....

use it, beat yourself up a bit so you remember it and then move on

dont buy into all this ...its part of life nonsense....your new life can begin as soon as you start taking responsibility for your actions

good luck

:huh: Not sure if "srs."
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I only have 180 calories left for dinner tonight :indifferent:
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    your going to be ok i wouldn't worry. do some sort of exerciseing jumping jacks, lunges, push ups, some thing
  • bethagon
    bethagon Posts: 18
    Options
    You won't gain weight or ruin your work over the last month by eating 200 over... or 500.... or 1000, now to mention it! Every day is a new day after all :)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Relax. It's not the end of the world.
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I eated a cookie.
    congrats on having the will power for only 1! that's awesome :( when I cave its about 5 or 6 then a look of shame for the rest of the night
  • wolfpaw
    wolfpaw Posts: 11
    Options
    It's ok to "cave" and have a treat. If you deny yourself of everything, you may fall off the wagon and go on a bender. Trust me, been there, done that. Don't be so hard on yourself. Cheat once in a while, and try also once in a while to ignore it for 10 minutes, then 20, and so on. But its not the end of the world. I am eating a chocolate bar while I speak!:happy:
  • EAH123
    EAH123 Posts: 40
    Options
    Give yourself a break! I have a few splurge days and get back on the horse the next day.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    you've got 2 choices............

1) Go workout some and work it off.
    2) Don't stress going over....1 day won't hurt you.
  • xtine4ever
    xtine4ever Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    200 cal snack is nothing!!!! Don't worry about it. You can easily burn it off with a long walk.

400 cal for dinner is not that bad. Grill some fish with a side homemade caesar salad (light dressing of course).
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Just remember it is myfitnessPAL and not myfitnessNAZI. Give yourself a break. There is nothing wrong with being over one day. You are doing great.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Relax it's doughnut Friday here at work.
    Yep that's what it's called.
    I had a half.
    So I will be at the gym this eve and work it off.
    Problem solved.....
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    20 minute walk will fix that right on up! Better than my 2000+ snax LOL
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I eated a cookie.
    congrats on having the will power for only 1! that's awesome :( when I cave its about 5 or 6 then a look of shame for the rest of the night

No look of shame here.....enough energy to be bouncing off the walls and annoy my co-workers. I think they would tackle me and take away the other one if I tried to pull it out. (I brought two....shhhhhhh)
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Don't feel badly or worry too much.

I recently had some hormone issues and ate tons of junk over the period of a week. And I mean chocolate bars, candy, etc. I went crazy! It cost me only one pound, yet, I thought I would gain five. I seriously beat myself up badly with guilt for nothing.

We are only human. And treats are delicious! lol It happens to the best of us hun. :)
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Gotta have little rewards...the reason you write it all down and log it is to remind you to NOT have the rewards every day. Besides as other people said 200 calories is a great reward. When I fall off the wagon its more to the tune of 1200 calories.

Your doing fine look at the full body of work not just today.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Remember you still have the 500 calorie deficit as a buffer as well! You could not log your 200 calorie snack and use up all the rest of your calories and still be 300 in deficit for the day. Or go for a walk and the 200 will be gone in no time.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your food diary , its hard to give an informed opinion!

what are your calories for the day?

are you going to exercise? i burn a ton at the gym..or like someone mentioned a nice walk.

it doesnt have to be considered a cave, AND you do NOT have to beat yourself up, just work it into your day.

Jules:flowerforyou:
  • pjsayler
    pjsayler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ahh, don't feel bad we all have those days. Take a walk or turn on the stereo and dance around the house awhile! You really can work off that little treat! Just get right back into your program and don't use one treat to give yourself a reason to have more treats...