Thankful for the good and the BAD!

Options
As I sit here, SORE from my workout I started thinking of how I got here. Long story short, I was heavy my whole life until 6 years ago, when I hit 270 and was done! Worked my butt off and lost over 140 lbs! Then I started to think of all those people who hurt me while I was heavy, like the boy who secretly liked me and was too embarrassed cause I was the FAT GIRL, the bullies who called me names, the Oh so supportive "best friend" who said "I don't want you to lose weight, cause then I will be the ugly one". The list goes on, I am SO thankful for the good people who supported me, and do to this day, even the people on this website. And also to the BAD ones because you helped fuel my fire, and now I know who I am, and I have control over my life. The weight I need to lose now is from having my second baby, and I will get there again! So again, THANK YOU! I WIN!

Replies

• Saezimmerman
    Saezimmerman Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on the baby! Second, I'm so glad you decided to share this. We all make a point to thank the people that support us, but those people that were the voice of negativity play a role in who we are and why we do this too.

So, to echo your theme: Here's my thanks to the negative nellies.

Thanks to the boss that told me I wouldn't be able to loose weight because I "look like a girl that likes her groceries".
    Thanks to the people that pointed out my genetics as though they were "kindly" trying to excuse my excess weight.
    Thanks to the snotty woman at the bridal shop that looked me up and down before announcing that they didn't have anything available for me to try on.
    Thanks to all of you for giving me that kick of anger and the drive prove that I can do this!
  • danibrnshug
    danibrnshug Posts: 27
    Options
    Congrats my dear, it feels good doesn't it!?:heart:
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    You do have control over your life!! You have and will continue to do so awesome!! You WIN!
  • danibrnshug
    danibrnshug Posts: 27
    Options
    You do have control over your life!! You have and will continue to do so awesome!! You WIN!

Thank you! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!