newbie looking for a friend

Options
Hello
I'm a 30yr old (almost 31) I've steadily put on weight since getting out of high school but even more after having my son. I am
finally ready to get it together.I'm 5'9" 237.5lb. I have lost 11.5lbs so far. I get hungry (snacky )at night and when I'm bored. I have cut my portions in half. Drinking more water. Trying to snack on better stuff. Would like to have a friends or group of friends that would help support me when I'm weak. I don't really have any close friends.

Replies

• tamicando
    tamicando Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi & welcome, I joined on Mothers Day, I log in everyday, feel free to add me as a friend, we can motivate each other, as it really does made a big difference to get feed back from others. We can do this!!
  • hubub
    hubub Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey there, I'm very new to all this too so feel free to lean on me for support or look at some of the basic things I am trying from an exercise standpoint. It's really back to basics again for me, looking forward to it and I love the fact everyone seems to be on the same page here.

Cheers

Hubub
  • jessw1823
    jessw1823 Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome! I am also on here everyday & love having people to support & motivate! You are more than welcome to add me! :)
  • VanGroovyBear
    Options
    Welcome! I am fairly new too and learning the ropes! Would love to connect with you!!:smile:
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am a Mum too (not a Mom though :laugh: but only because of the country I live in!) also we are the same height!! Feel free to add me if you want. I log in every day and am coming to the end of my weight loss journey so I've worked out tips and tricks that work for me and I'm happy to share (for example I now chew gum while cooking dinner as I used to pick at it and then sit down to a full meal as well, also Weight watchers jelly as a late snack - almost no calories and takes a bit of eating). All the best for your weight loss!!
  • Harmoman
    Harmoman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just joined as well. I'm a little light on the friend side of things... so feel free to add me. What made you look up MFP?
  • garfield2099
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well! I am on here everyday and will work to be as honest with you and cheer on you while both of us are on this journey to feeling better and getting healthier!!!
  • Inconceivable
    Options
    hello. I'm new to all of this as well. I've been forgetting to get on, but maybe if I have friends I will be on more often. :) add me if you like
  • mistimn
    mistimn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend :)
  • ninalsbee
    ninalsbee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi, newbie here too! Tho I have been at this a while lol. I have to date lost 9kg (19ish pounds) and have about 6 kgs to lose. Been lacking motivation for the last few months so thought I would try and get some here! I LOVE food..all food...anytime! needless to say this is my battle! Only reason I have maintained for the last 6 or so months is I also love exercise and am busy chasing 3 toddlers arounds.

Anyways Im a Kiwi living in Brisbane Australia, be nice to make some new friends and get some motivation!
  • kimberlee247
    Options
    Hi I am kimberlee247, that means i am just me 24 hours a day 7 days a week I am very new to this i just started this week and would love to become support buddies.. not sure how to post only reply to messages. so if you want check out my profile and let me know if your intrested i could really use someone to help keep me on track before i end up quitting again.:smile: