Going out drinking, help!

Options
So I'm going out drinking tonight with a couple of friends. I have yet to eat dinner and have about 1,000 calories left for the night (thanks to my workout today). I want to drink with my friends, but I don't want to over do it. I am a sucker for calorie-filled margaritas and beer! Any suggestions for how to stay in control w/ food and drinks while I'm out? What do you drink when you go out?

Replies

• kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Vodka/Diet coke - Around 70 cals per drink!
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Personally I would have spirits as they are quite low in cals with a diet mixer. Maybe alternate the alcohol with diet drinks too to keep the calories in check? And do remember, the more alcohol you drink the more likely you are to have that late-night binge so beware. I'm off to bed...you have a good night!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Plan and commit. 1 drink, and that's it. Otherwise, 1 drink leads to . . . a plate of nachos, a basket of wings, and a gallon of ice cream when you get home.

You don't need alcohol to have fun!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Vodka/Diet coke - Around 70 cals per drink!

Or rum and Diet. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum is only 60 calories.
  • lulabelle73
    lulabelle73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Such helpful advice everyone!
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    vodka/soda with lime
    tequila/soda water/triple sec/lime "skinny margarita"
    diet sprite and tequila sort of tastes like a margarita for .25 the calories

Now I need a drink! :laugh:
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I'm a craft beer nerd, so I have to say one (good) beer. Doesn't go down as easy as a sugary margarita, so you're less likely to go overboard.
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    By my calculations, 1000 calories means you can have 9 Bud Light bottles and still be under your cals for the day. =)

Kidding, of course...

... or am I?
  • lulabelle73
    lulabelle73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    By my calculations, 1000 calories means you can have 9 Bud Light bottles and still be under your cals for the day. =)

Kidding, of course...

... or am I?

Haha, love it! I should probably eat dinner and have many less than 9, but thanks for the math!
  • tammisr32
    tammisr32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda water... bubbles, and less bloat than actual diet coke. I usually ask for a twist of either lemon, lime, or orange. Have fun! You can always work off the excess tomorrow.... but your going to burn more calories than if you were at home sitting on the couch anyway!
  • tammisr32
    tammisr32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wow! gonna have to remember the skinny margarita!!