Another Southern Newbie

Options
I have joined this site at the recommendation of a friend who also joined. I think this is a FABULOUS idea. I have a 10 month old and recently quit breastfeeding so I could finally concentrate on myself and my health. I have tried just about everything else before but was never really held accountable. I had tried WW and was doing well until I found out I was pregnant with my first child. At that time, they did not have a program for pregnant/nursing women. I gave myself free reign to eat what I wanted and the only thing that I could eat for a long time was pasta. Needless to say, I gained a lot of weight. Almost 6 years later, I got pregnant again (without having lost the original weight) and suffered a miscarriage. I consoled myself with food. Almost a year to the day later from conception, I got pregnant again. I weighed more than I ever had. I had a beautiful baby and had a few complications due to differing platelet types but after 8 days in the NICU, we were able to come home in time for Christmas. I tried cutting back on calories to help with the weight loss but that affected milk production. So again, I gave myslef free reign to eat what I wanted because everytime I limited calorie intake (no matter how little) milk production slacked and baby is a HEALTHY eater. Needless to say, I am now about 10 lbs heavier than when I DELIVERED!!! I was horrified. So, I gave up the breastfeeding and here I am, ready to be motivated and held accountable. Well, that is my story so far and I am hoping to have one of those happy endings. Thanks for any and all support.

284325.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow southerner! Many success stories here. Yours will be added to the bunch:flowerforyou:
  • kgcjsu1
    kgcjsu1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have no doubt you can accomplish anything you put your mind to...as long as you put yourself first! This is finally something you are going to do for you. Glad we are now in this together!! :flowerforyou:

250948.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • pbakasha
    Options
    Replying to KGC - YAY you for the weightloss so far. Look back at your ID photo and you can really see the change. Shoot, look at the pics of you and IJAD on conference trips in the last year and look at the change. You will be bikini clad in Hawaii!!!!!
  • cajun2
    cajun2 Posts: 15
    Options
    :heart:
    This is the best website it gives you everything you need to stay on the straight path.
    Just make sure to print out your menu's for the week and stick to them.
    Same with exercise(which will by far be the hardest part since you have young kids) but you will be setting an example for them to stay health. Have them ride their bikes, you push the stroller, and do nightly walks. If the weather is bad load them up for the mall and walk it several times around.
    It is really hard at first but it is no different then setting a schedule for your kids, you just have to set it for yourself and incorporate them in it.
    You want to stay healthy for them and for yourself.
    Take looks of pics from beginning to end- It will great to visually see your progress.
    We all out here have total faith you can do this!
    Good Luck!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • tiffani82
    tiffani82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I am new to the site as well. You have a great attitude and that will help you be successful! Look forward to seeing your amazing progress in the near future.

:smile: