from 420+ to 216.4 on the way to 180

Options
kmckeown1971
kmckeown1971 Posts: 17 Member
So we all know what highschool was like, we ate what we wanted, when we wanted, how we wanted and never gained a drop..... more so if you were in sports, which I was, three of them. So I was like 135# at 5"10 in HS... but holy hannah how things change when your body changes with a baby..... so yup... i still ate what I wanted, when I wanted and how I wanted and gained to over 420+ pounds. OUCH!!! uh huh.... I would add a photo... but do not know how.. :(

So in 2006 I decided, time to get healthy.... I got to about 300#, but could not lose anymore, went through a year of monitored doctor visiting weight loss attempt , still to no avail... then after 2 years of research, I chose Gastric Bypass Surgery (btw.. before you stop reading and think... oh she took the easy way out.... ask me... it was not nor has it been easy). Since March of 2008 I managed to get to my lowest weight of 196#'s by Sept of 2009. I then for some reason thought oh, I can eat what I want, when I want, how I want.... BIG Mistake!!!!!! I realized April of this year, after gaining back 27#'s from my lowest weight, that I did not put myself through that surgery and the inability to enjoy certain foods anymore and the mental and emotional struggles as well as physical, to go back to being over weight.

SOOOOO enter MFP..... my friend said to me... I bet you eat way more than 1200 calories per day and I was like no way.... not possible... holy hannah batman... it WAS and IS possible...... so since I began tracking on April 29th and incorporating exercise, (which btw... is evil.. and who ever said it was good for you.. lied.. to suck us all in.... lol...) I have lost 7 pounds, simply by being aware of EVERYTHING I put in my mouth, even it is just one little bite.... IT COUNTS.....

So my success if this, even though I had surgery... I do not think I was mentally there, til this moment in my life... til I realized I would never be able to keep up with my 5 grandkids (ages 7-20 months) If I continue on the path I was on...... soooo here is to living healthy, eating right, exercising daily and seeing 180 on the scale.

So if you want help being motivated, if you want to support my motivation, then let's be friends.... I am ready for positive support and ready to offer it :)

Kandy :)

Replies

• makeyourself7986
    Options
    congrats, that's an amazing weight loss!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Simply awesome :happy: :drinker:
  • v_snowdrop
    v_snowdrop Posts: 59
    Options
    Congrats on your success!

Please post pics! Here's how:

go to www.tinypic.com (you do not need to make an account)
    click "browse" button and it will open a search box thingy to find pictures on ur comp
    select the desired picture.
    click big green UPLOAD button on tinypic webpage.
    different types of code will be listed for you to choose from.
    copy/paste the code into your post on this forum.
    Use the second option (IMG code for Forums & Message Boards). If that doesn't work, just copy the Direct Link option and paste it into your post.
    note: you may need to change the code a bit: make "IMG" into lowercase "img"
    Repeat this process for any additional pics you want to post
  • cheann1978
    cheann1978 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Excellent Story! Great job!!!
  • parkermegan
    parkermegan Posts: 167
    Options
    amazing loss! Great work!!!
  • kmckeown1971
    Options
    Ok here are the photos.. captions underneath, thanks for the directions and thanks for the encouragement!!!

27ytrvl.jpg

at 135 in HS

2072vdg.jpg

not even near my highest of 420+ graduating with associates

16k6tg0.jpg

Wedding day at 196

10qjnuw.jpg

Last summer at about 215 in the UP of Michigan

14a99qh.jpg

Yesterday at work 216.4 :)
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    U are beautiful! Great job!
  • kmckeown1971
    Options
    2hpkbyc.jpg

and one more full length cruise last nov 2011 at about 220
    it keeps cropping me out for some reason.. erg
  • rbjd2004
    rbjd2004 Posts: 51
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You're gorgeous and I really love your wedding photo!
  • kmckeown1971
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You're gorgeous and I really love your wedding photo!

Thank you.. that is by far one of my favorite of the day.. i love b/w shots!!
  • kaddydaddy
    kaddydaddy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You're doing a great job and you look fantastic!
  • v_snowdrop
    v_snowdrop Posts: 59
    Options
    omg very inspiring! I'm glad you got the pics posted!

It's a big pic. If you want the whole thing to fit you'll have to resize it...

BUT people can just right-click the pic and select "view image" and it will show the whole thing. That's what I do, because I know having to resize pics is a pain ;)

Again, congrats on your success and thanks for sharing it with us!
  • NatashaK29
    NatashaK29 Posts: 137
    Options
    First I have to say I love you for stepping up and taking charge of your weight. The surgery is not a fix all, like you said, it still requires a lot of work and change. So proud of you for how far you have come and I know you will make it to 180!! Keep up the awesome job and motivating others along the way.
    Might I add you look fabulous and way to young to be a grandmother (let alone 5 times). Wow is all I can say.
  • kmckeown1971
    Options
    First I have to say I love you for stepping up and taking charge of your weight. The surgery is not a fix all, like you said, it still requires a lot of work and change. So proud of you for how far you have come and I know you will make it to 180!! Keep up the awesome job and motivating others along the way.
    Might I add you look fabulous and way to young to be a grandmother (let alone 5 times). Wow is all I can say.

Thank you so much!! :)
  • kmckeown1971
    Options
    omg very inspiring! I'm glad you got the pics posted!

It's a big pic. If you want the whole thing to fit you'll have to resize it...

BUT people can just right-click the pic and select "view image" and it will show the whole thing. That's what I do, because I know having to resize pics is a pain ;)

Again, congrats on your success and thanks for sharing it with us!

Thank you and thanks for the tip!!
  • kmckeown1971
    Options
    Way to go! You're doing a great job and you look fantastic!

Thank you very much!! :)

Kandy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!