Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HDMI cable question

sarahsxt
sarahsxt Posts: 66
Does anybody know why when I connect my PC to TV with an HDMI cable no sound comes out of the TV end? (I already enabled HDMI in the sound options on my PC).

Replies

• Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    If you're on Windows, right-click on your sound icon in the bottom right, select "playback devices". Your TV should be listed as a playback device. Right click the icon and set it as default. There should be a little check box next to it when you're done. Hope that helps.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    I had to buy a separate sound cord for mine...
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    HDMI is visual you need a separatre cable for audio. You can try the above mentioned in the control pannel but it will depend on the ago of the pc you are connectiing. Unfortunatley we had to get a separate cable for our new TV that we plug a 5-6 year old PC into. Cheaper option is to use the PC speakers, but the sound usually sucks.

Good Luck:)
  • sarahsxt
    sarahsxt Posts: 66
    I should mention that I already set playback to HDMI.

Looks like I have to buy a separate sound chord. Ahh $$$$$.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    HDMI is visual you need a separatre cable for audio. You can try the above mentioned in the control pannel but it will depend on the ago of the pc you are connectiing. Unfortunatley we had to get a separate cable for our new TV that we plug a 5-6 year old PC into. Cheaper option is to use the PC speakers, but the sound usually sucks.

Good Luck:)

Not at all, HDMI carries both high definition Sound and Video , you should't not need a separate sound cable unless your computer isn't capable of sending sound over HDMI...which is possible some PC manufacturers use the HDMI connector only for it's video capabilities.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    If you're on Windows, right-click on your sound icon in the bottom right, select "playback devices". Your TV should be listed as a playback device. Right click the icon and set it as default. There should be a little check box next to it when you're done. Hope that helps.

This is the right answer.

HDMI play back both audio and visual, unlike some other posters have said. I know because I use one all the time to watch anime on my TV instead of my computer.