NEW!!

Options
Hey yall!! I'm new to this, however, I gained back two pounds from yesterday :(. I bought this great looking leopard dress like a dolce and gabbana one that's my normal size when I'm down to like 145-160, and I know I can't wear it until then so that's my goal to be able to wear it for my 22nd birthday on August 11!!

I really want to fit in it :(. :ohwell:

I've always made goals to lose weight and I've done it a few times but never to the point where I was 100% happy. I'd never lose my entire goal or get the flat stomach I've always wanted.

I'm graduating in December so I really want to look great by then, hopefully by my birthday. That gives me about 3 1/2 months to lose 60 pounds.... I really am nervous because I think I'll fall back in the habit of not completing my goal, so weightloss is always discouraging for me.

Has anyone else ever lose more than the 2 pounds per week because I don't think that's enough... I've lost 10 in 7 days doing Atkins before....

Replies

• missktuga
    missktuga Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey yall!! I'm new to this, however, I gained back two pounds from yesterday :(. I bought this great looking leopard dress like a dolce and gabbana one that's my normal size when I'm down to like 145-160, and I know I can't wear it until then so that's my goal to be able to wear it for my 22nd birthday on August 11!!

I really want to fit in it :(. :ohwell:

I've always made goals to lose weight and I've done it a few times but never to the point where I was 100% happy. I'd never lose my entire goal or get the flat stomach I've always wanted.

I'm graduating in December so I really want to look great by then, hopefully by my birthday. That gives me about 3 1/2 months to lose 60 pounds.... I really am nervous because I think I'll fall back in the habit of not completing my goal, so weightloss is always discouraging for me.

Has anyone else ever lose more than the 2 pounds per week because I don't think that's enough... I've lost 10 in 7 days doing Atkins before....
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hi there, first welcome :flowerforyou:

i really am wishing you good luck on your goals, but i have to admit that i think that you are trying to loose it too quickly, 3 1/2 monts for 60 lbs is quite extreme and would be unhealthy, slow and steady wins the race.

atkins suggests that you cut down drastitly on your carbs, by cutting out food groups you deprive your body from essential nutriments, not good.

not only that, by setting yourself up for so much in so little time, you are likely to give up, if you do reach your goal, chances are that by going back to your old way, you will gain it all back,

what i suggest, (and i think that is what most of the people on this site believe, correct me if im wrong) is that you keep a healthy lifestyle of good for you foods of a wide variety, keep count of your calories and eat enough to make a deficit of 500 to 1000 calories a day, that technicaly would make you loose 1 to 2 pounds a week that way you wont shock your body and wont go into starvation mode, not only you will loose weight (that is only a bonus) but you have have a heatlier body for years and years, (as long as you eat healthly,) also, excersising is a good idea,

i have lost 28 pounds since jauary 1st, with an average of 1.75 lbs a week, i never felt better in my life,

anyways, we are here to help you and we really like to see people suceed,
    wish you all the best !!
    may :drinker:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site really helped me because it showed me how much I was eating in a day! :noway: I am definitely watching my portions now.

Anyway, I am sure you can lose the weight, but I agree you might have a too-aggressive goal. That being said, I am sure you can look hot by your birthday! Good luck and keep us posted!
  • evjazz
    evjazz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :happy: Welcome!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Maybe not 60lbs by your b-day but you can deffinately be looking really good by then!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

i really am wishing you good luck on your goals, but i have to admit that i think that you are trying to loose it too quickly, 3 1/2 monts for 60 lbs is quite extreme and would be unhealthy, slow and steady wins the race.

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    I totally agree with the above quote, slow and steady. I've been here for a month, I've lost 5 pounds and several inches. That's pretty slow, but it's working. If you lose weight really quickly, you're not doing it in a healthy way and it's REALLY unlikely that you'll be able to keep it off for good (which is of course the ultimate goal!) Good luck!
    :drinker:
  • MDnns
    MDnns Posts: 18
    Options
    There are no quick fixes to weightloss. If you lose 10 pounds in a week, trust me, you will see it again. I am a reformed crash dieter and every diet I tried has worked for me but I always gain it back. You can't sustain that type of eating (at least us normal people can't) and its doing your body more harm than good.

Slow and steady wins the race. That's what this site is all about. We need to count what's going in and out and plan for a deficit that results in a healthy 1-2 pound weightloss each week.
  • missktuga
    missktuga Posts: 21
    Options
    Aww I feel so good that people actually respond back! :) I only posted that like an hour or two ago and people have already written back! That excites me!! :smile: