Help with my calorie intake

Options
So I have been on Mfp for about a month now, and for the most part I have had my calories set at 1200, and it seems to be going great. I have more energy, I feel good, and I don't feel hungry either. But, recently I have been reading these forums on the whole idea of eating above you bmr, and it makes sense, but that would drastically increase my calories. I have tried increasing my calories to 1600 for a few days this week to try it, and each of those days I felt more tired, fat, and not healthy. It is hard for me to eat that many extra calories. Is it okay if I stay on the 1200 calorie schedule? Or should I try to switch? I am very confused.

Replies

• Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • ylime412
    ylime412 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5'3. I also exercise everyday and almost always eat back my exercise calories.
  • ylime412
    ylime412 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump... Please help!
  • HunterAJ
    HunterAJ Posts: 21
    Options
    You will be fine with your 1200 because if that's what make you feel better than it must be better for you...
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Eat as much as you feel works for you. If 1200 plus exercise calories works for you then do it. If you are going to up it, just make sure to up it with the same healthy stuff you currently eat.
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you really want to up it go up slowly.
  • smdurdle
    smdurdle Posts: 2
    Options
    You shouldn't increase your calories more than 100 cals per week as you bump it up. Your metabolism will increase as you feed it....1200 is really too low for almost anyone!