Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is the couch to 5k thing?

I've seen a lot of stuff talking about Couch to 5k

What is it?

Replies

• firstjog11
    firstjog11 Posts: 58 Member
    If you google it, you will find a step by step guide to get running. Literally from couch potato status to running a 5K without overdoing it or burning out. It is free. I have done it before and it worked fabulously. I really like to follow a plan, so I don't have to think of it myself.
  • JanetCoulter1517
    JanetCoulter1517 Posts: 9 Member
    It is a running program that you can download to your ipod/mp3 player and over 9 weeks gets you from not running to running 5 km nonstop. It slowly builds up your running each week with different walking/running intervals.

Hope that helps.

It is a great program, I've done it before and once my leg is better I will be doing it again.
  • JessieRichelle
    JessieRichelle Posts: 19 Member
    I recommend it. It really helps you if stick to it and you want to be a runner or just get a little more in shape
  • nosila96
    nosila96 Posts: 25
    thanks, I'll definitely check it out and give it a go
  • lubby22
    lubby22 Posts: 31
    I have a friend doing it right now - apparently it's really great! I was thinking about trying it - I certainly am a 'couch potato' so hopefully I can be a runner some day