Looking to lose the freshman 15

Options
20yo college student looking to get in shape before returning to school in the Fall. The Freshman 15 is no joke and I am really excited about this site. I hope to not only lose weight but to learn how to eat right when I get back on campus.

If you have gone through this journey and have advice or are just starting out and want to keep each other encouraged add me.

& this is my mom: @victoire2012 :)

Replies

• abchelseaxo
    Options
    Hey! I just finished my sophomore year & I'm 20. I have kind of a unique situation, but, generally speaking, I lost 15 pounds my freshmen year instead of gaining them! :)

Bring a water bottle everywhere, literally everywhere. Purse, backpack, library, gym, class, whatever.
    Colleges are different, but mine had a free gym for student's to work out at. If your's has anything like that, USE IT! Don't be modest!
    Walk everywhere. Buses & cars are bad.

Um, I can get more detailed. These are some good general tips to start! :)
  • victoireiu
    victoireiu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just finished my sophomore year & I'm 20. I have kind of a unique situation, but, generally speaking, I lost 15 pounds my freshmen year instead of gaining them! :)

Bring a water bottle everywhere, literally everywhere. Purse, backpack, library, gym, class, whatever.
    Colleges are different, but mine had a free gym for student's to work out at. If your's has anything like that, USE IT! Don't be modest!
    Walk everywhere. Buses & cars are bad.

Um, I can get more detailed. These are some good general tips to start! :)

Thank you. Truth of the matter is I havent started living on campus yet. I will definitely keep the bus/car comment in mind next semester.

I realize that I am a stress eater. Pops and fast food are my enemies. Today I added a pepsi to my food diary and saw that it was 250 calories. Of course it's on the bottle but that is just something I have never paid attention to.
  • abchelseaxo
    Options
    Omg, I can relate! Freshmen year, I cut out soda. It was ridiculous. Like, I NEVER realized how much Dr. Pepper I drank until I didn't drink it anymore. I got addicted to those Crystal Light drink mix packet things. Those & the Propel Zero packets are pretty much my crack, I'm obsessed. Once you start drinking less soda you'll be surprised how little you miss it! (:
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I just finished my freshman year and was able to lose the freshman 15 as well ^^ You can add me for support!

I think soda is the hardest thing to kick from my diet and I am still trying to quit! I also was with a roommate who is underweight with the fastest metabolism (so she would frequently eat donettes, funyons, and candy).
  • abchelseaxo
    Options
    Donettes are the worst! My boyfriend eats them like nothing. I hate those little, hole-y circles.
  • rjams
    rjams Posts: 48
    Options
    I lost my Freshman 15 last summer. It really was a matter of eating healthy. I limited carbs, limited dairy, switched my milk with almond milk, started drinking protein shakes after wrokouts, ate LOTS of spinach, and always had nuts on me in case I was hungry. After a month and a half of that I lost the 20 lbs.
    When I went back to school it was not as easy but I surprisingly maintained the weight and was able to eat normal like my friends (AKA the fastfood, icecream, and other college staples). Eating healthy boosted my metabolism so much! When I noticed a little weight gain (3 lbs) I started going to my school's salad bars for lunch, which returned me to my weight loss of 20 lbs.

Good luck with your journey...it is definitely do-able! :)
    Feel free to add me for support!
  • victoireiu
    victoireiu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just finished my freshman year and was able to lose the freshman 15 as well ^^ You can add me for support!

I think soda is the hardest thing to kick from my diet and I am still trying to quit! I also was with a roommate who is underweight with the fastest metabolism (so she would frequently eat donettes, funyons, and candy).

oooh la la... donettes & funyon my favorites! as you can see im just starting off... junk foods are the little devils on my shoulders.. im trying to stay out of convenience stores. I just tried diet dr pepper this morning, and i think it might work.