LADIES!!!

Options
Ramseyyy
Ramseyyy Posts: 58 Member
Hey:)

So I'm thinking about shaving 1/4 of half my head.....I know it may not make sense but it looks really cute. My problem is this, if anyone here has shaved their head, how do you maintain it?? How often/how do you cut it?? And I also have a perm, will I still be able to perm this section, or will it be all naps??

Replies

• _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hey:)

So I'm thinking about shaving 1/4 of half my head.....I know it may not make sense but it looks really cute. My problem is this, if anyone here has shaved their head, how do you maintain it?? How often/how do you cut it?? And I also have a perm, will I still be able to perm this section, or will it be all naps??

I really hope you're not serious
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    shaved head = not. cute.
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If that is what you are in to doing that is up to you. I shave my hubbys hair about once every 4 weeks but I could do with doing it every week and a half to 2 weeks.
  • Ramseyyy
    Ramseyyy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yea..... It's called an undercut. Google it.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    you should do steps!!
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    my cousin (17) does that. she got it done every few months and she was able to hide it from her parents for about 8 months, so you definitely still can do your hair like normal if you have an important event to go to or want something different. she doesnt do perms, but she does curl it.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Like this? I think it's cute, but I know I couldn't pull it off.

Okay, seriously?! Ever image I post pops up that it's been moved or deleted. Grr!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    my friend has part of hers shaved, it looks good.
    i dont know about maintaining it though, I imagine you just keep shaving it down.
    i've actually thought about doing the same thing too but my work wouldn't allow it :(
  • bjmillerme
    bjmillerme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you shave it down really tight- you won't be able to relax it the way you want. Most salons don't want the relaxer that close to the scalp. But if you do it yourself you can buy the stuff at Sally's Beauty Supply and just touch up spots that get too course or wavy or curly for your taste. Good luck!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say you'd need a razor set to the same length every time to make sure it stays short.

If you want it, go for it. I think it would look great, but no opinion matters more than your own.
  • MissSirToYou
    Options
    I've had an undercut. Upkeep is pretty much a good friend and a hair clipper, I have no idea about perms though.
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    No idea how to keep it up or anything, just thought that I think it looks really awesome and I encourage your decision :)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    shaved head = not. cute.

Only 1/4 of it = Even less cute.

Trust me, I see plenty of partially shaved heads at work post-op brain surgery.. Don't do it.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I love that look!
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute! WAIT A MINUTE HERE!!!!

Are you really shaving 1/4 fourth of one half of your head? You do realize, and correct me please if i am wrong but that is one eighth of your head.

not one half of your head. not one fourth of your head but one eighth. I'm not trying to be a jerk I just want to make sure I understand just how much of your head because one eight of a haircut...sounds pretty darn cool.
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    i wanted to get it done too! like Cher Lloyd. But i didn't think it'd suit me :( go for it though!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sorry - a little confused here. If it is shaved, then there is no hair. How can you have a perm there? Do you just want it very short? Will you be doing it yourself or having it done/maintained at a hair salon/barber (BTW, barbers are usually better for clipped or shaved heads than salons).

ETA: foilks, she was not asking whether you liked it or not
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I am not fond of that cut. :-(