summer body nowhere in sight...ughh

Options
I honestly feel discouraged that I don't have the summer body that I want, makes
Me wanna give up. Definitely in need of advice and support

Replies

• GrAlVt
    GrAlVt Posts: 42
    Options
    You want advice?

The giving up thing, don't do that.

There's your advice.
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You have to work for what you want. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Don't expect it to just arrive, keep working and you will get it. This is not just about what kind of body you want, its about making changes that will benefit it you for the rest of your life not just the summer.

Think of the body you will have, not the one you want.

Make the good choice, keep working.
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I totally get what you mean ... but remember this "you're stronger than you think" and you'll conquer this. I agree with the other poster who said "don't give up" ...

You've worked hard up to this point and have had success so don't undo all that and don't let any frustration take away from what you've accomplished.

I was feeling discouraged yesterday, but today I went back to the gym and changed up my cardio and had a great workout! I want my summer body too but when I look in the mirror all I see is my stomach & lower abdomen that is still wiggly and jiggly. I'll get there, but quitting is not an option. If I quit, the weight isn't going to come off and I won't tone at all. I'll never be itty bitty and 110 pounds, but I'll be much healthier and happier and that's the life I'm striving for!

Remember, it's a journey not a sprint ... keep going and you're summer body will appear. Remember, summer's not over yet and you're not done yet!

Hang in there ... feel free to add me if you want.
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You have to work for what you want. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Don't expect it to just arrive, keep working and you will get it. This is not just about what kind of body you want, its about making changes that will benefit it you for the rest of your life not just the summer.

Think of the body you will have, not the one you want.

Make the good choice, keep working.

I agree with this as well!!! Great advice.
  • angelina07071975
    Options
    Motivation comes and goes. Losing weight won't be hard the first day you decide to make the change, it will be hard the following weeks when you have to stay committed. It will be hard when you want to HOME instead of to the gym. It will be hard when you are deciding between a salad and a burger. That is when you need to decide not whether you are motivated but if you are determined.

A friend of mine posted this on facebook the other day. It didn't take me long to realize I am no longer "motivated" to lose weight, but I am determined and completely dedicated. I know the battle is going to be long and hard, but it will be so worth it in the end when I can look in the mirror and see that my determination has paid off. Keep your goals in sight..set smaller in between goals to lead you to your larger long term goal. You can do it...you just have to decide whether or not you want to. I hope this sets your determination and helps you see motivation is subject to mood swings. Determination is a state of mind. Good luck!!!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Do not give up. If you give up, you will never get there. I am having a hard time as well, but I keep telling myself, it is not about how I look in the mirror, it is how I feel physically. I feel stronger, I know that if I keep doing it for my health, nothing should be able to stop me, cause that is number uno, and uno day, it will all come off and fall into place.
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!
    Seriously.
    Every pound lost, is one pound less to worry about.

This month has been so CRAP for me, due to pulling a shin splint in the beginning, and finally just started working out again last week. I'm far from ready to be in a bathing suit, am very unhappy about it but am not gonna sulk and give up. KEEP GOING. I'm working extra hard to make up for time loss, and will be picking up 30 Day Shred tomorrow :smile:

Would you rather remain the same for the whole summer?
    Or would you rather keep going and continue to lose, getting smaller, even if you're not as small as you hoped to be for the season? Way better than staying where you are !

You can do it! :drinker:
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    you'll have more of that summer body if you keep going rather than give up now. and imagine next summer! keep at it girl!
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Don't!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    How to get a summer body in two steps:
    1. Have a body.
    2. Wait until it's summer.

And there you have your summer body!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    Don't allow failure to be an option.
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You want advice?

The giving up thing, don't do that.

There's your advice.

Good advice :brokenheart: :cry: :noway:

Sometimes when I feel like giving up I just read all the success stories with before and after pictures and it REALLY helps motivate myself. Sometimes I log on to pinterest and look at the fitness ideas/boards to get new workouts and advice..downloading new workout songs for my ipod helps..or switching up my workouts (just started a month of kickboxing..) or I think about all my NSV..but I'm always looking foe more motivation ideas!!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    ugh same!!! i probably could have been at a 20 pound loss by now if i had not given up for a month and a half. but i am back and have lost the 7 pounds i gained that month and at least i am trying!!

don't give up it just puts you further from your goal!!!
  • Msbeene001
    Msbeene001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!! I've read everything and it all made a difference in my mood...
    these emotions are just a part of my process
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    And how would giving up give you a summer body? That is probably the worst thing you could do! Keep at it
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How to get a summer body in two steps:
    1. Have a body.
    2. Wait until it's summer.

And there you have your summer body!

Love that!

And another thing....unless all of your weight was added by aliens in one night, it is going to take some time to go away, just like it got there. Giving up is easy fighting the 'good fight' is not, it just makes you a whole lot stronger.

Hang in there....I am so in the boat with you! This is as much for me as it is for you!!
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options
    Oh i have a summer body, it just isn't THIS summer's summer body. :)

Despite the fact that sucks in a pretty huge way and is very discouraging (and it is) I am going to keep trying. Because if I give up, I won't have it next summer either. I have always given up on getting in fabulous shape because it is SO hard for me, which drives my husband insane for the sole reason that I, in ANY other way, am not a quitter! So, I really do hear you there. It isn't easy, and the person that tells me it is to my face is a brave soul. lol Change like this is hard, because it is SO hard to see the results as they happen, because they are cumulative. Just keep on doing what you do and know is the best for you. Maybe you won't have the body of your dream (or maybe you could!) for the summer but it can always be better than we had yesterday, or today.
  • kennamydear
    Options
    My motivation is that a year from now, I'll be so much healthier, so much happier, and so much more confident than I am right now. Trust me, I'm nowhere near wanting to strut my stuff in a bikini, and that sucks pretty majorly. However, pushing through and not giving up will eventually get us where we want to be. You'll get there, I promise!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I understand....I'm nowhere bear where I want to be yet too. I'm about halfway, but hey im healthier than I've ever been and I'm only going to get better from here! :) same with you, if you stick to it next summer you WILL have the body you want/deserve. Our body's directly show how much effort we put in.
  • krba201076
    krba201076 Posts: 1
    Options
    I was very depressed about this earlier. I'm not where I want to be...I was hoping to be able to wear a bikini but I am not at that point yet. But, I tell myself that these things take time and there's always next year. I try to focus on being happy where I am and acknowledging that I am beautiful the way that I am. But, there's always room for improvement in everyone and everything so I keep "improving". But, in the meantime, I keep myself up and take pride in my appearance. Enjoy the journey to where you are going...it is just not about the end point. And I know it is easier said than done.