"love handles"

Options
Ok so this is a silly question,
but my waist is the biggest part of me and doesnt seem to want to disappear any, does anyone have tips and or exercise to help get rid of this problem area??

Replies

• jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Try HIIT, which is High Intensity Interval Training. You can do it on about any machine like treadmill, elliptical, bike. This has been known to contribute greatly to fat loss. The goal is to push yourself to a high intensity for a short amount of time (:45-1:00) and "rest" (lower intensity) to bring your heart rate down. You then repeat this set of intervals 8-10 times. In addition to fat loss, another benefit is shortened amount of workout time, which burns the same amount of calories in half the time as a conventional workout. Your VO2 Max will also improve!

Tip: If you don't feel a little "sick" by the end, it's not a high enough intensity.

Good luck!
  • PulchritudinousLady
    PulchritudinousLady Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm putting my faith in Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. You should look up the success stories and pics for 30DS -- you can definitely see a reduction in love handles. Very inspiring!!!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

Tip: If you don't feel a little "sick" by the end, it's not a high enough intensity.

Good luck!

Thanks for that! I did this the other day as the 'dreadmill' was getting tiring and although I was gasping for air lol and sweating like mad, I never felt ill. I will push it harder next time.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    SUPER bump !!! :)
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Try HIIT, which is High Intensity Interval Training. You can do it on about any machine like treadmill, elliptical, bike. This has been known to contribute greatly to fat loss. The goal is to push yourself to a high intensity for a short amount of time (:45-1:00) and "rest" (lower intensity) to bring your heart rate down. You then repeat this set of intervals 8-10 times. In addition to fat loss, another benefit is shortened amount of workout time, which burns the same amount of calories in half the time as a conventional workout. Your VO2 Max will also improve!

Good luck!

My fitness trainer gave me the same advice so I think Jamszy knows what he is talking about!

9821387.png
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Thanks for that! I did this the other day as the 'dreadmill' was getting tiring and although I was gasping for air lol and sweating like mad, I never felt ill. I will push it harder next time.

Haha, No problem! I had done the same thing and thought, "This isn't too bad". Then I had done a little more reading and needless to say, the next time I was dripping with sweat and felt like passing out! It sounds unhealthy, just stay hydrated!
  • nicoleramone
    Options
    tiffany rothe workouts on youtube to the booty shaking waist one and in a week sometimes days you will see the difference! i can show you my youtube montage and I only did it 2 weeks and i most of my weight was in my upper body and stomach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDg9tFCL4-Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_J8btnIEKQ