Im a Refrigerator zombie

Options
Finding the will power to stick to a wellness plan is tough. I feel very motivated to stick to my plan but I have times like this afternoon where I know I shouldn't eat stuff but a little "screw it" switch gets flipped and I end up snacking on a few spoons of peanut butter. I know i shouldnt but I Dont feel like im in control when this happens. Besides trashing the peanut butter, does anyone else have issues like this. What's a good way to not be a fridge zombie.

Replies

• PulchritudinousLady
    PulchritudinousLady Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator zombie -- very clever! I'm totally going to steal that, lol.

I'm still working on this too.

I can just tell you about my experience. The other day I discovered that I eat when I'm anxious so I had to sit down and journal about what I'm feeling anxious about. It took a while to tease it out but once I did, I was able to face it and deal with it. This time -- crap with my family and my impatience with losing weight.

Making peace with these issues is such a spiritual thing -- I've heard that losing weight is almost 95% mental and now I TOTALLY get that. Intellectually I can work out calories and TDEE, workouts and menus but there's this whole other component that requires that i just love myself, period.

I can see in your photo that you are a good looking and your writing is funny and intelligent -- this alone tells me that you are totally capable of moving past the zombie persona to treating yourself with the respect you deserve.

Good luck to you! Friend me if you need a buddy on this journey!
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    My pantry is right next to my fridge so I have both doors open looking to see what I can dig out of either one, if you can find the secret to staying out let me know!