Should i count this banana as today or yesterday?

Options
So i'm hungry and i want to eat a banana but i just realized what time it is ( its saturday now!) i don't really want to damage my calories for today , just in case i go out and need the extra calories. Would this banana count for today, or yesterday? Stupid question but im curious :smile:

Replies

• iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    it's one banana if you're not over your cals for today, either don't count it or count it for "yesterday" it's only 10 past midnight.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    So i'm hungry and i want to eat a banana but i just realized what time it is ( its saturday now!) i don't really want to damage my calories for today , just in case i go out and need the extra calories. Would this banana count for today, or yesterday? Stupid question but im curious :smile:

Where you put the banana (giggity) will not really matter. I would however, suggest that you are consistent with whichever you choose.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You should change the topic name to:

Where should I put this banana?

You'd get a ton of responses.
  • EmptyCokeCan
    EmptyCokeCan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    all my calories until the moment I go to sleep I put for "today"
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. Your body doesn't reset at midnight. If you ate it, you ate it. Count it where ever you want.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I count food before bed as that same day...not the next day
    regardless of what time it is...I'm not a gremlin
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I personally choose when I go to bed as the arbitrary end of my day. It really doesn't matter, but if I eat it before I go to bed today, it's Friday.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter as long as it gets tracked.
  • Strawberry09
    Strawberry09 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    You should change the topic name to:

Where should I put this banana?

You'd get a ton of responses.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I count food before bed as that same day...not the next day
    regardless of what time it is...I'm not a gremlin

This.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    yup. if you haven't gone to bed, it's still today, right?

(also, you could even not track it and be ok. honestly. it is, at most, 100 calories.)
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    all my calories until the moment I go to sleep I put for "today"

I agree. If I go raid the fridge it's yesterday's calorie.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

As one stated, it really don't matter WHERE you put the banana... (will probably go to the thighs anyway...LOL> J/K)... But seriously, My take on the matter is the more appropriate placement will likely be on the night before (assuming that your schedule is primarily diurnal.. In other words, the more logical way to approach the day is "when do you sleep?" A day then becomes, from Awakening to Retiring.. Even if it is a bit offset from others... The period of sleep is the period of fasting for the body and hence essentially (if there is any reset factor0 the reset time for the body....
  • nicoleramone
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

As one stated, it really don't matter WHERE you put the banana... (will probably go to the thighs anyway...LOL> J/K)... But seriously, My take on the matter is the more appropriate placement will likely be on the night before (assuming that your schedule is primarily diurnal.. In other words, the more logical way to approach the day is "when do you sleep?" A day then becomes, from Awakening to Retiring.. Even if it is a bit offset from others... The period of sleep is the period of fasting for the body and hence essentially (if there is any reset factor0 the reset time for the body....

muah ha ha ha ha.....you can't use words like diurnal on these boards!
  • Busymomo5
    Busymomo5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Count it off yesterday's....not today. Don't start today until you wake up.