Efficient weight loss

Options
Hi, Im Eric,

Im 5'10 from Boulder, Colorado...Used to weigh 225lbs then I got sick for 2 weeks and hardly ate anything, dropped down to 215. Once I started getting healthy again I decided to just keep losing weight. At 205 at the moment, its pretty nifty to see how many calories im taking in. My main exercises = Biking 10-20 miles a day for 3-5 days a week, 3-12 mile hikes in the high country, bouldering, (I do love Colorado) light lifting, push ups and sit ups... thinking about joining a gym but seems unnecessary for the environment im around. Goal weight is 195 then concentrating on max protein diet and muscle building back up to 210.

Apparently, my BMI says the healthy weight for me is 174... which is less then what I healthily weighed when I was a senior in high school, so I dont really believe that for how my bodies built, being around the low 200's seems perfect for me, so I guess EFF BMI

Replies

• JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Being active in Colorado seems to come with the beautiful territory! Best wishes for your success meeting your goals!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Do only what feels perfect for you!
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    BMI doesn't distinguish between fat and muscle mass. You can have two individuals with drastically different BF% and yet have the same BMI. Therefore, BMI is useless for your purposes.
  • milleric
    milleric Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I never understood how BMI worked exactly, but Im glad its not solid. I can also see how a lot of people can be considered obese if thats the system were following.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    To be quite honest, I get a bit tired of all the BMI, BMR, TDEE, jeez.