Anyone up for a Challenge ? And a New Friend

So this is probably my 64th time starting a diet lol, I tried everyyyything (I'm pretty sure that portion control is the best maintainable way).

I have no problem starting a diet and keeping up (and i love exercise, I know thats not enough though) but I don't know what happens I think sometimes I get too happy with my self and say oh its cool I can eat watever I want now lol and it goes out of hand. Or if I dont loose a lb in like 2 weeks I feel like that's it I'm done, I give up.

So I'm hoping that this is my last attempt. I REALLY want to be able to say I'm not on a diet anymore when someone offers me something !!

SO my goal is 140 but 150 for now cuz I can never get past 160. CW is 170.

Who's up for their last diet !!? Add me :)

Also going to start Insanity, My goal is Aug 1. 2012. Post what you struggle with, your goals and add me for support!

Replies

• rosiec88
    rosiec88 Posts: 6
    Hey!! im pretty much in the same boat as you with attempting to diet a gazillion times, but we are in it to win it!! i felt like the first week was the hardest for me and this week ( the end of my second week at this) seemed to be a lot easier... so hopefully in time dieting and changing our lifestyles into a more healthier one will be a breeze!! whats also great about MFP is that there are tons of people in the same spot but we are all supportive of each other! you can do it!!!
  • nooo_47
    nooo_47 Posts: 14
    I am also up for the challenge!!! Need help with meal planning daily, keeping it tasty, easy, and healthy. I work night shift husband works day shift and it is very hard to stay on track with being on opposite sides of the clock. I will need all the encouragement and advice I can get.
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    I know how you feel with the stopping and starting. I am actually at the point right now, but i am soo close to where I want to be that I find it hard to give up.

I sent you a frend request.
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    I know how you feel! been "dieting" for years!! on and off of course. I am doing my best now and I am determined to reach my goal and change how I eat. This is the end of my second week back on the diet and as mentioned before, the first week is the hardest. Ill send a friend request, the more motivation the better!!! Just remember, its how you feel that counts, the scale only gives a number, your body tells you whats right.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    I know exactly what you mean! My struggles have been with snacking - I know realize that since I have joined MFP. Because I was referred by my doctor, I have come to be much more aware since everything has to be logged online. When I was just keeping a paper log, it wasn't at the back of my mind all the time like it is now. I have found that because of that (and because everyone sees when you close for the day whether you were under your calorie goal or not) I am making better choices. And then of course there is the online community here - even when family at home isn't necessarily supportive, you will find LOTS of support here - inspiration, people who understand what you are going through, how you feel. Very welcoming and can support you but also hold you accountable. =) I sent you a friend request too.
  • Montanarush
    Montanarush Posts: 76
    Me too. Bein' doin' this a long time, always end up gaining it all back. This is not a diet but a permanent change in eating habits forever. Don't want to be having this conversation no more! Good Luck!! I started at 352 which is the heaviest I've ever been- being disabled doesn't help, cause I can't walk too good. But I can ride the heck out of the recumbent bike and lift weights like crazy, and that's what I've been doing. Lost 40 lbs approx. so far and ultimate goal is around 190-200lbs. I'm setting mini-goals and my first one is 285.
  • jhanuary10
    jhanuary10 Posts: 4
    Would love to join you on this journey. I too have been down this road many times and I am ready for a change. I just logged on this morning, after 3 years and I'm excited to do this. Just got Tapout XT and will be starting that 90 day workout program tomorrow. Have my grocery list in hand and ready to stock up on what I'll need for the next two weeks. Planning is the key.
  • lessofme65
    lessofme65 Posts: 107 Member
    I've been yo-yo dieting for the past 15 years and am so ready to stop. I just need to change everything. I need to look at this as a lifestyle change and that I will constantly be working toward having a healthy relationship with both food and exercise. I know it won't happen overnight cause lord knows I surely didn't get this big overnight. I am ready for a change and to commit to it. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.