HELP- Stuck at a plateau after only 5 pounds!

Options
I've been on My Fitness Pal for about a month and the most I've lost has been 5 pounds. I haven't seen much difference at all lately and I don't know why.

I've been staying under my calorie goal and working out 2-5 times a week.

The only thing I can think of is that though I make sure to cut out anything that isn't "all natural" from my diet, my eating habits still aren't the best. They aren't horrid though and I've been under my goals.

Do you have any advice for kickstarting weight loss early on in a diet?

Replies

• Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would turn your sceduel upside down. Excersise a little more one week a little less the next sometimes stay under sometimes go over. That helps me when I'm stuck..
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    cant see your diary, dont know how many calories you are eating, but i know when i started, i was trying to stay at 1200, and i didnt lose a thing, i was always tired, hungry and crabby. upped them to 1500, and i eat some of my exercise calories back, and now im losing (slowly but surely).
    other than that, it could be your exercise, you might need to step it up a bit, interval training or something (get that heart rate up!)

:) hope this helps. its just from my experience, nothing else.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in a month is excellent progress-- try to be happy with your progress and continue what you're doing. Changing eating habits is good for your health, but as far as weight loss it's just about staying under your calorie goal consistently. Good luck!
  • melhmltn2
    melhmltn2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You could try eliminating all sugar (except raw fruit - limit to no more than 3 day). This helped me to get a jump start, however, it can be done long term, but it is difficult. I did it for 3 days then restricted sugars to 45 grams/ meal, and 2-3 snacks with no more than 15 grams of sugar. Be aware This eliminates most processed foods.