insanity?

Options
I'm thinking of trying Insanity. Has anyone done it? If so did you like it? what are the pros and cons? And what were your weight loss/ inches results?!

Replies

• MarcJames87
    MarcJames87 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi, Starting it today and have to admit quite nervous. Add me and will keep you updated with progress :-)
  • HYBRIDXXX
    HYBRIDXXX Posts: 86
    Options
    YES I HAVE DONE A WHOLE ROUND OF INSANITY+ IM NOW ON ROUND TWO. IM STARTING DA 2ND MONTH OF ROUND TWO MONDAY. INSANITY IS NO JOKE BT IF U STICK WIT IT & GIVE IT ALL U HAVE U WILL BE ENJOYING DA BEST BODY U CAN GET N 60 DAYZ! KEEP ME POSTED
  • greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity the Asylum for about 2 weeks now and it is a great workout. I feel like my fitness and health is already better! The workouts are really challenging and help you push yourself to your fitness goals
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Started about a week ago myself after a false start and so far my advice is

1. Stretch , Stretch and Stretch some more, you will get very sore if you don't
    2. Eat! It's a strenuous workout make sure you keep it in mind
    3. Go at your own pace, don't try and keep up with them from the start as Shawn T in the video will keep reminding you, sound advice.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Inasanity is a very thorough workout for cardiovascular fitness BUT IMO it is repetitive & has a high rate of injuries. This is due to Shaun telling you to push to your max & having no set rep scheme.

TurboFire is a little older but has exactly the same elements but is done to some rocking beats, is less repetitive & is way more accustomable to your goals & fitness level.

My recommendation would be to research both & if you choose Insanity beware of pushing past your comfort zone - I mean push mentally BUT be very aware of your physical condition & I would seriously recommend a good pair of cross trainers, running shoes won't cut it with this type of w/out.

Russ
  • kmpawley
    kmpawley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I bought insanity and did it for two weeks. It is a great excercise program but it was to intense for me. I am hoping to build myself up to being able to do insanity. You can see a lot of people's before and after pix on you tube. I am working on building my strength and endurance so I can start it again. If you want add me as a friend and when I start it again I will let you know how its working.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've done it a few times, and I LOVE it! I actually blogged about my full 60 day adventure with it. http://melissagoodrichfitness.wordpress.com <--that's my blog if you want to read it. It's hard, but it's worth it. I only wish I had done better with my nutrition this time around!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Started about a week ago myself after a false start and so far my advice is

1. Stretch , Stretch and Stretch some more, you will get very sore if you don't
    2. Eat! It's a strenuous workout make sure you keep it in mind
    3. Go at your own pace, don't try and keep up with them from the start as Shawn T in the video will keep reminding you, sound advice.

Agreed! I'm in my first week and my biggest problem so far has been muscle soreness the day after workouts. I haven't been able to go as hard as the people in the video and I have to stop and breathe a lot more often, but I think that's normal for just starting out and I'm sure it will improve with time. I'd say go for it! It's definitely a hard - VERY hard workout - but it's fun and I love Shaun T.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Insanity is freakin FUN I love it! I love Shaun T.. yay for u posting this today.. cuz I just completed Month #1 and Month 2 starts Monday..
    Um, I am goin to have to say, u get what u put into it.. also I find and notice that girls lose weight slower then guys do, doin this program.. Cuz In a month I have lost 4-5 pounds that fluctuate still from time to time.. and a few inches not much I dont remember right off hand so Im not puttin them.. I think Like an inch off my waist. 1/2 inch off my thighs and legs.. and1/2 inch off my chest so yea.. ITS A WORK IN PROGRESS. I still have 20 pounds left to lose but im gonna do P90X next..

Um, so my boyfriend started it 8 days ago and already lost inches and pounds!!! and that kinda discouraged me.. I started to ask around from ppl who done it and yeaup.. GUYS LOSE FAT FASTER! :/ sucks but Im still gonna do it. cuz for us girls I hear Month 2 is when WE see the real changes...

IF U GET IT U WILL LOVE IT TOO!