Losing momentum

Options
Dra57
Dra57 Posts: 56 Member
I have lost 2 stones and 2 lbs since new year - whoo!! Am delighted plus I am a couple of clothes sizes down.

However, I feel I am drifting a bit at the moment. I have gained and lost the same 2 lbs for around 3 weeks now. I have changed my lifestyle a lot and am going to the gym 5 or 6 days a week doing a mix of classes both aerobic and relaxing (eg yoga).

I am between sizes for clothes - a lot of current wardrobe is now baggy but the smaller sizes I have stashed in the spare room are still to small! So Iam feeling I dont have much to wear that looks good.

If you have any tips for getting yourself back in the "zone" please share them!!!

S

Replies

• susanp15
    susanp15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Your "friend invitation" couldn't have come at a better time. I'm right there with you. Since the first of the year I have lost 10 pounds and in the last two weeks have gained about three back! My exercise has stalled and I think that is a big part of it. I've been sick the last week or so, so maybe I'll feel more motivated soon. We'll support each other and get on track!
  • Dra57
    Options
    Yes that sounds great! I am weighing 4 lbs up from my lightest (around 3 weeks ago) and feeling disheartened. I don't think I have eaten enough extra cals to gain 4 lbs so think some of it is temp fluctuation but I have got a bit obsessed with the scales I think!!!

I have managed to keep going to the gym so haven't dropped my exercise so far.

I go on hols next wednesday. The last 2 holidays I have had I used MFP phone app and didn't gain weight. But I need to be in a strong frame of mind to manage that again this time!

I am n ew to the MFP message posts. Is this sort of 'conversation' better as personal messages?

Keep in touch.

S
  • susanp15
    Options
    Either way of conversation is fine with me, but you can always message if you would like. I use MFP from my phone a lot during the day; and I just update dinner and any additional snacks on the laptop at night. Have a great holiday!!
  • heald_uk
    heald_uk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also losing momentum. Food has always been my comfort blanket and this week my partner has had a health scare. Through fear and trying to console myself I have ate like a pig - and I'm trying to say no and stop!

I've still done some exercise but I am so disappointed in myself for allowing myself to once again turn to food for comfort.
  • grinditout44
    Options
    Just stay in it. Do sometthing good for yourself today. Take the first step toward the gym or a walk or away from a donut and the second step be easier and you'll be tripping forward by the third step (if you are clumsly like me). Know that there are people here who are rooting for you. Decide that you are going to kick *kitten* today and kick *kitten*. And what the heck is a stone? jk ;)
  • Dra57
    Options
    You're right of course. Step by small step is the way forward- literally of course!

It is tempting to try and claw back by setting a low, unrealistic cal target. I have done this before and it don't work!!

Am going to lower weight loss target to 1 lb per week till I go on hols and be a bit kinder to myself!
  • Dra57
    Options
    Skip disappointment it doesn't help. If you're comfort eating beating yourself up will only make it worse and so the vicious circle rolls on.

I am drawing a line and today is a fresh start. Lowering my cal target so I don't give myself an excuse to over do it then be self critical.

I say to myself all I have done is wasted a bit of time on my journey but as this is a lifestyle change for life that doesn't really matter.

Hope you are feeling more positive.

S
  • susanp15
    Options
    Happy to report that the three pounds are off again. I think that it's just a matter of sticking with watching the calories, even if you don't feel up to working out. Stay the course ... keep the faith ... we're all in this together!! I'm also keeping it realistic and only aiming for about .5 per week. So far, that's working and I'm right on track. Gotta look good in shorts and a bathing suit for our cruise in October!!