5k run

Options
Today I did my first 5k on my treadmill and im really proud of it my goal is to run one everyday to get in shape for cross country. I'm just really proud of myself and wanted to share and wanted to know whats your best 5k time and how did you train to get such a good time

Replies

• holmevik
    holmevik Posts: 33
    Options
    Congratulations and well done!
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

I remember my first 5K well- first of many goals to shoot for!
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    thanks guys for your support! and whats your best time?
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

These are my stats so far:

20th Feb - First Run
    12th April - First Non-Stop Mile (11m 33s)
    21st April - First Non-Stop Two Miles (24m 42s)
    30th April - First Non-Stop 5k (39m 28s)
    14th May - 5k PB Update (36m 34s)

I've been ill since mid-May, so haven't done any running since. No idea how I'll be when I go back to it (hopefully this Monday). Also overweight and short, so no idea what I will eventually be capable of, speed-wise.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I haven't done one yet, but years ago when I was in HS there was a guy at my school that ran cross country and would constantly hit 15 min flat. Sometimes under.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i started couch to 5 k in march, my goal being to be able to run the whole 3 miles. .I had to do the first week two times cause i couldn't run a minute.

then by week 3 or four, i would do the couch to 5k, then walk until I hit the 3 mile mark. when i ran the first 2 miles non stop thought i was gonna die, then a week later, i was supposed to run 2.25 miles, and i still felt good, so I ran the whole 3 miles(46 min)!!

April 6...40 min
    April 27 36:18
    May 9....was running my 3 miles, and just decided to keep running...ran 4 miles in 50 min
    May 11, ran 4 miles in 45 min

now my PB on the 3 mile is 33:18
  • deadfncat
    deadfncat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This was my first cardio goal and I hit it a few weeks ago. Now to maintain it :)
  • melhmltn2
    melhmltn2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i started couch to 5 k in march, my goal being to be able to run the whole 3 miles. .I had to do the first week two times cause i couldn't run a minute.

then by week 3 or four, i would do the couch to 5k, then walk until I hit the 3 mile mark. when i ran the first 2 miles non stop thought i was gonna die, then a week later, i was supposed to run 2.25 miles, and i still felt good, so I ran the whole 3 miles(46 min)!!

April 6...40 min
    April 27 36:18
    May 9....was running my 3 miles, and just decided to keep running...ran 4 miles in 50 min
    May 11, ran 4 miles in 45 min

now my PB on the 3 mile is 33:18
    [/q

I have just started the C25K. I am on day 2 of week 1. In the 30 minutes I can complete required activities, and am excited where I will be at the end. The minute of jogging is a killer and I look forward to my walking. Currently I am walking/jogging 2 miles in 30 minutes.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! My best 5 k time was 22:00.
  • nordina
    nordina Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    this november it will be 2 years since I started running. Joined a running club and did a 12 week program on how to run a 5km. I haven't stopped since. My first 5km was 44 min. My fastest was 34 minutes. Keep running it is so good for you, but be sure to follow a plan so you don't over do it!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    First off, I am not a jogger/runner...or at least that's what I told myself! I figured if I was going to run it would be out of a fire or to the bar!

I started C25k, and did the final 3miles at a 10:30/mi pace. I could not believe it.

Next goal was C210k. I started with week 10 as it tells you to pick up where c25k ends....I ran 4.7 miles at a 10:51/mi. pace and I cried....I kid you not...I just cried!

I know it's not much to seasoned runners, but 3 months ago, I would have lmao if someone had told me that I would jog 3miles, let alone almost 5!

That accomplishment alone now makes me feel that there are endless goals to achieve and I can't wait.

Go for it, keep going and I wish you all the success in the world!
  • melhmltn2
    melhmltn2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    First off, I am not a jogger/runner...or at least that's what I told myself! I figured if I was going to run it would be out of a fire or to the bar!

I started C25k, and did the final 3miles at a 10:30/mi pace. I could not believe it.

Next goal was C210k. I started with week 10 as it tells you to pick up where c25k ends....I ran 4.7 miles at a 10:51/mi. pace and I cried....I kid you not...I just cried!

I know it's not much to seasoned runners, but 3 months ago, I would have lmao if someone had told me that I would jog 3miles, let alone almost 5!

That accomplishment alone now makes me feel that there are endless goals to achieve and I can't wait.

Go for it, keep going and I wish you all the success in the world!

Awesome. This is inspiring.
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! I'm running my first 5K race in August. Currently starting Week 6, Day 1 of C25K tomorrow.
  • dellafiora3395
    dellafiora3395 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My first 5k 'run' (I use that word lightly because I had to take walking breaks) was in 39:38.

I ran another 5k training run recently, walking for about three minutes total out of the last mile. Came in at 32:06! :D I was so proud!!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I was a cross-country runner for most of my teen years, but stopped in university. It's not quite like riding a bicycle, but I think my body does remember being a runner - it's just more of a challenge now that I'm older and heavier (which translates into slower and sorer. LOL!) . I had been power/inclined walking on the treadmill since July 2011 and just made the switch this month to running now that I'm almost back down to a healthy BMI. Fortunately, I was able to build up my cardio enough through this and I was able to run the whole 5km from the get-go, which I do 4 days/week. Week 1, it took me about 38 minutes to run 5km (running at 5.0 mph). Week 2, I'm down to just shy of 34 minutes (running at 5.5 mph). This week, I plan on upping my speed again (running at 6.0 mph) and am hoping to get down to a little over 30 minutes. I plan on running my first 5km race in about 15 years in September, so I'll probably start training outside about 6 weeks before.
  • kennethmorris7
    Options
    My best 5K time was about 2 1/2 years ago. I ran it in 21 min. I'm just now getting back into running. I run with a group of people who push disable kids in big strollers during 5Ks. A month ago my time was 33 min. Two weeks ago it was 30 min and 30 sec. Last week I hit 27 min 30 sec. You just have to get started on a routine and everything else will fall into place.
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was done in 28:45. I used C25K to train for it. my next goal is to try and beat my time and try out C210k.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I love to run! I did c25K....my first time was 27:44, my PR is 24.55. Its the best feeling in the world to cross ANY finish line, in any time, anywhere, and any way.... :-)
  • kkmarie11
    Options
    wow you guys are really good mine was 36 minutes but im gonna do it again on my treadmill and try not to slow down at all and then i will try and get it at 33 minutes (thats how long its preset on the treadmill if you keep up with it) i know i can do it if i just push myself and i know i can with all your inspiration from you guys!
  • kkmarie11
    Options
    I love to run! I did c25K....my first time was 27:44, my PR is 24.55. Its the best feeling in the world to cross ANY finish line, in any time, anywhere, and any way.... :-)

im glad im starting to enjoy running too! i always feel really calm and relaxed after like all my stress from the day is gone