Fuel/Water Belts

Options
amy709
amy709 Posts: 21 Member
Hi all!

I am a curvy girl & am looking to purchase a fuel/water belt for running. I do have access to a Running Room store so it can be a purchase from there.

Anyone have opinions on which ones fit best for girls who have curves? I hate the idea of something that doesn't really fit well & rides up on my waist when running.

Thanks so much! :)

Replies

• Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don't like those things. They are awkward to wear while running. You might consider a hydrating backpack. They look like this;

http://www.amazon.com/Camelbak-HydroBak-Hydration-Punch-Graphite/dp/B004382OQI/ref=sr_1_sc_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1338040460&sr=8-4-spell

I take mine hiking and it's terrific
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have a fuel belt but haven't used it in over a year. Found it got in the way and more of a nuisance. You're going to get differnet opinions on the Camelbak. I personally don't have one but did a post on it. Some love it and some go the other way. How often do you drink on your runs? And how long are they? I can run about an hour, 7 miles without feeling the need to hydrate. Maybe consider running on a route where you can drink from a fountain.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't like wearing mine, because it looks like a cross between a diaper and a jock strap (wouldn't look as bad if it wasn't white) but it's only awkward for the first mile or so. Then you forget it's there. Mine was a freebie my husband "won" from work. Adjust the belt right, and it shouldn't ride up or down.

IMG_2096.jpg

For shorter runs, I bring along seedless grapes.
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't like wearing mine, because it looks like a cross between a diaper and a jock strap (wouldn't look as bad if it wasn't white) but it's only awkward for the first mile or so. Then you forget it's there. Mine was a freebie my husband "won" from work. Adjust the belt right, and it shouldn't ride up or down.

IMG_2096.jpg

For shorter runs, I bring along seedless grapes.

I gave a little chuckle when I saw the picture heehee. You described it spot on.

To the OP: This might be a little unconventional, but what I do is on my long runs, which entails running out for 4-5 miles and then running back, is I carry a standard bottle to about mile 3 then I hide it so on the way back I can hydrate for the last 3 miles. Might not be the best method but works for me :)
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yes good advice. When I plan on running I stay close to my truck so I can come back and drink water when needed. I have found that works best.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into Camel Packs... They fit just like a backpack and are great for long hikes or running!!!
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am a curvy girl & am looking to purchase a fuel/water belt for running. I do have access to a Running Room store so it can be a purchase from there.

Anyone have opinions on which ones fit best for girls who have curves? I hate the idea of something that doesn't really fit well & rides up on my waist when running.

Thanks so much! :)

Hi Amy,

I dont know your waist size but i tried on a fuelbelt at Sportchek and though i had to expand it all the way and it was a slight tight it did fit and I"m sure in few months it will fit me even better. I'm getting the Revenge one with two bottles I personally veto'd out a backpack style one because I dont want anything on my back and though I only do short runs right now I have to drink and there are no water fountains that I've seen so far in Edmonton

Also Yayy!!! I used to live in St. John's:) hubby is from Corner Brook
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I have used the Camelback hydration packs in the past when hiking. I plan to pick up another one when I get up to longer distance running.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am wondering about this as well! I had a hydrating backpack when I used to cycle and I just found that the water tasted really funny! I was looking into a fuelbelt for that reason. Does anyone else find the water tastes odd in those backpacks or is it just me? If it is just me it may be because it was a cheap one!

Also does anyone use a fuelbelt brand running belt? How do you find them?
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love my hydration belt! I tried wearing one around my waist, but found buying one in a larger size to fit around my hips was more comfortable for me... I can't walk, hike or run without it!

Mine looks like this (but has 6 bottles) Plus I bought 2 little bags that attach to it to carry keys, tissues, inhaler, phone and sports beans...

hydrationbelt.jpg