NSV - Amusement Park!

Four years ago, I took my honeymoon at Disney. It definitely wasn't the 'happiest place on earth' for me. It was miserable. I weighed about 30 more pounds and it hurt to walk, it hurt to stand, and I almost didn't fit into a few rides. Since then I've been too worried, too embarrassed, to try to do anything like that anymore.

This week though, my friend, April, had free tickets to Holiday World and asked me if I wanted to go with her. I at first said no because I was very self conscious and frankly scared. I hadn't worn a bathing suit in 10 years and I hadn't been to an amusement park in the 4 years. I hemmed and hawed about it for most of the week. I didn't have a bathing suit and I was worried that I wouldn't fit in the rides.

My friends ending up making the decision for me. Out of the goodness of their hearts, they went and bought me a bathing suit and told me to go have fun (I seriously have absolutely the BEST friends in the world!). I decided to do just that and I am SO glad that I did!

I fit in every ride, even had PLENTY of room after I tightened the seat belts on the roller coasters. I wore my bathing suit in public and while I did feel a little self conscious about it, that went away after a few minutes or so. I walked up and down the hills with no problem and I had a great time!

Today, I do feel like I've been in a car accident, but I think that's because of the wooden coasters that we went on. I wouldn't change anything at all about yesterday and I am so ready to keep losing weight. This truly is the best thing I've EVER done for myself!!

Replies

• hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Congratulations - I know that's an awesome accomplishment! And seriously, you have the best friends EVAR. :D
  • that is freaking awesome.. I do think everyone thin, thick , or extra thick feels the effect of the parks..
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    That's awesome, congratulations! :))
  • thats freaking amazing :) you go girl!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    That's a FUN NSV, congratulations.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    That's an amazing NSV! I am SO happy for you!

That's one of the things that has kept me from going to Holiday World for the last few summers I have lived close to it. I still don't think I can fit in some of the rides, so I am hoping to lose enough so that by next summer, I will be able to go, and enjoy the time with my son. He has been and had a good time, but he is tall enough now to ride on the roller coasters, and I want to go and enjoy them with him.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Oh congratulations! Being able to live your life in ways that you want and not being restricted due to weight issues, is the BEST NSV EVER!! By the way, your friends rock. You are a lucky girl to have such awesome friends!
  • momo2011Tuck
    momo2011Tuck Posts: 49 Member
    That is amazing! I have had a similar instance with an amusement park and I am going back in a week knowing I am not as small as I used to be when I would go but i have lost almost 20lbs... I am scared! Thank you for posting this! It has encouraged me to go have fun and celebrate my hard work!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 884 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!! That is awesome!
  • hag101108
    hag101108 Posts: 22

That's one of the things that has kept me from going to Holiday World for the last few summers I have lived close to it. I still don't think I can fit in some of the rides, so I am hoping to lose enough so that by next summer, I will be able to go, and enjoy the time with my son. He has been and had a good time, but he is tall enough now to ride on the roller coasters, and I want to go and enjoy them with him.

I'll be honest with you, if you have hips it's tight! My friend weighs about 10 pounds more than me & she's 7 inches taller than me, but she has hips and she had a hard time on The Legend. For reference, I'm 5 foot and weigh 242. I had absolutely no problem, but I carry most of my weight in my stomach, not my hips.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Yay! Great progress! So glad you had fun. :drinker:
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Awesome! Keep up the great work and enjoy your success!
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    AWESOME! That is part of the reason I am trying to lose weight. So I can take my kids to the amusement park and fit in the rides.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    I am so SO happy for you!!! You do have the best friends in the world!! I doubt any of my friends would do that for me! I bet it felt great to fit into the rides... I know how tight some of the rides at Disney can be (I used to live about 20 minutes from Disneyland) It's gotta be great to go and have a day of fun!!! Keep up your hard work!!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member

I'll be honest with you, if you have hips it's tight! My friend weighs about 10 pounds more than me & she's 7 inches taller than me, but she has hips and she had a hard time on The Legend. For reference, I'm 5 foot and weigh 242. I had absolutely no problem, but I carry most of my weight in my stomach, not my hips.

Yep, I wouldn't be able to fit this year, I am sure. Definitely next summer, then!
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    congrats on your NSV. Keep up the good job.:happy:
  • hag101108
    hag101108 Posts: 22
    Thanks everyone & I am beyond blessed with the friends that I have in my life! I really don't know where I'd be without them!
  • 106croydon
    106croydon Posts: 1
    I am new to my fitness pal and I want it to work for me. I took my kids to the zoo the other day and the seat belt wouldnt fasten on the boat ride, they didnt notice so I got to ride. That was the 1st time that has happened to me and hopefully the last. I am inspired by all of you.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    WOW, that is great! This has been one of my goals while losing weight to be able to ride the roller coasters at Hersheypark. I am going on Saturday and looking forward to it. Especially the new one they just built.

Great Job! And Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!