Healthy Wraps

Options
kkmarie11
kkmarie11 Posts: 114
I have these whole wheat tortillas that I was thinking about using for lunch but im not sure whats a good recipe for healthy stuff i could put in them any ideas? also if you have other good lunch ideas that would be great!

Replies

• melhmltn2
    melhmltn2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There is all kinds of things to put in them.

Your favorite lean meat cute into small pieces, top with lettuce (any type, but spinach is really good in them), small amount of cheese, and depending on meat a little sauce (BBQ, ranch, mustard, mayo). Nothing should be off limits, all in moderation. I've found adding a teaspoon of sauce to my sandwich or wraps keeps me from hating my lunch.
  • kkmarie11
    Options
    thats good thanks
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I eat wraps/tortillas alot! I like to stuff mine full of turkey, sprouts, spinach and avacado or dijon mustard!

I also make easy chicken and cheese quesadillas with them using leftover chicken and reduced fat shredded cheddar. Chop up your chicken and place a wrap on a skillet over medium heat. Place 1/2 the cheese on 1/2 the shell, top with 3-4 oz of chicken, top chicken with remaining cheese and fold in half. Cook until lightly browned and crispy. Flip. Repeat. Dip or smother in salsa and enjoy!
  • womblewoo
    womblewoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just finished one for lunch! Small wrap with tuna mayo (tuna, sweetcorn, extra light mayo) with lashings of lambs leaf lettuce, tomatoes, raw pepper with a side of carrot sticks and a small handful of baked crisps - all in at under 300 calories and really satisfying! Who said healthy eating was dull!!!?!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can get my kids to eat pretty much anything if it's in a wrap!
    Take your fave healthy food and that's it :)
    Their favorite currently is peanut butter and bananas or turkey and ham :)
  • solicit
    solicit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wrap+turkey+guacamole+spinach=1 yummy lunch!

Better'n peanut butter+bananas takes care of my sweet tooth for the day
  • kkmarie11
    Options
    yum these sound great i also just made one for lunch with some grilled chicken fresh spinach a little tomato tiny bit of feta on a whole wheat tortilla it was great!
  • Lushaholic
    Lushaholic Posts: 62
    Options
    Anything you like really:

-Hummus
    -Sprouts
    -Cheese
    -Lettuce
    -Tomato
    -Veggie burger (cut in half or strips)
    -Bell peppers
    -mushrooms

-Make an omelet with egg whites and whatever veggies you like and call it a breakfast burrito, just go easy on the sauces and cheese.
  • rinachi
    rinachi Posts: 2
    Options
    A recipe I like alot is an egg white spinach wrap with feta cheese and sundried tomatoes.

1.Cook egg whites in a square shape. put aside
    2. cook spinach in frying pan until it wilts.
    3.cut up just a few sun dried tomatoes (but the kind that is packed in oil and herbs) in to tiny pieces. you only need one or two sundried tomato pieces since it's just for the taste. cook it on frying pan just to heat it up
    3. put everything above and a little bit of feta cheese in wrap and fold it in a square.
    4. take the wrap and cook it on frying pan until the outsides brown. Doing this makes the whole wrap warm, and it tircks my body in to thinking that I'm eating something more caliorie packed than it is.
  • amathwills
    amathwills Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    cucumber!!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Some fiesta lime rice (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/fiesta-lime-rice.html)
    Add some chicken shawarma (shawarma spice on 1 inch cubes of chicken breast lightly oil and then cooked)
    add some salsa and mexican cheese

Enjoy! I dig this very much
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I do alot with these: http://www.josephsbakery.com/p-10222-Flax-Oat-Bran-and-Omega-3-Square-Lavash.

100 calories for the whole wrap (which is HUGE) and they are low in carbs. I make sandwiches all the time with them. Plus I will use them for hamburgers (hamburger raps rocks).
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I use them as pizza bases - bake in the oven until crispy, add your toppings (eg cherry tomatoes, peppers, onions, small amount of mozzarella, fresh basil, ham, oregano, black pepper) then put back in the oven until done. Mmmmmmm. With a small wholewheat tortilla it comes in at under 300 calories - and you can add a big salad to the side if you choose.

One of my favourite fillings for wraps is grated carrot, houmous and alfalfa sprouts. Garlicky, fresh and filling. I wrap them up in tinfoil and take with me when out hiking. Much less likely to get squashed than a normal sandwich.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Lettuce, onion, bell pepper, chicken, and then make a healthy, creamy sauce by combining equal parts salsa and fat free greek yogurt, along with some taco seasoning and/or cumin and red pepper flakes. It makes for a DELICIOUS spicy mexican chicken wrap
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I love making tuna wraps. Or chicken wraps. I like adding romaine and/or black olives. Or slice up some dill pickle. Basically, if you can make a salad out of it, you can turn it into a wrap :)
  • stetson80
    stetson80 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love to take a whole wheat wrap, take a half avocado, mush it up and spread it on the wrap. Then I take some black beans and mush those up and spread them over the avocado. Next I add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, all colors of bell peppers and some black olives and it is very good! You can also add a little salsa to it which adds alot of flavor! Try it... You wont be disappointed!
  • stetson80
    stetson80 Posts: 2
    Options
    Regarding the mexican chicken wraps...

oooo! That sounds amazing! I guess I know What I am getting myself for lunches this week! Lol! Thanks!
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If you can put in bread you can wrap it. for the kids I make them a PBJ or a Nutella wrap.

my fav is a veggie wrap just lettuce and what ever veggies we pick up and a light drizzle of vinaigrette
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love to take a whole wheat wrap, take a half avocado, mush it up and spread it on the wrap. Then I take some black beans and mush those up and spread them over the avocado. Next I add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, all colors of bell peppers and some black olives and it is very good! You can also add a little salsa to it which adds alot of flavor! Try it... You wont be disappointed!

Oh my! That sounds delicious! I also like avocado in my wraps with turkey and spinach (or lettuce). :)
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love wraps, and it's great cuz you can use a wide variety of ingredients or just a small amount.

My faves are chicken strips and stuffing with extra light mayo and lettuce.

Also an veggie alternative: reduced fat hummus and roasted veg (courgette, aubergine, peppers and onions and carrots) YUMMMY!!