Groom looking for some help

Options
Hi all, I'm Ken and I've recently gotten engaged to the most amazing woman in the world! We haven't set a date for the wedding yet but it has to be within the next 2 years. I currently weigh 360 pounds and want to look good for my wife to be when we get married. I'm naturally a really big guy already so I set my goal to be around 240 or lower if I can get there.

I know that I cannot do this by myself, or just with the support of my fiance.

So I just signed up today and am looking for friends who can give me ideas and support on this journey I'm taking.

Replies

• jmlynch502
    jmlynch502 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! You can do it. :-)
  • jeffwagstaff
    Options
    This site really helps.. You're on your way !
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That is a great start.
    This site has some tools that will defiantly help. do you have a diet and fitness plan already or will you be building that over the next few weeks?
    Lots of people on the site have some strong opinions they will be willing to share with you if you need them.
    Good luck to you and the lucky lady.
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    MFP has SO MANY great tools available. And the motivation that can be found on this website is amazing. I joined in April and I love it. Besides of 2 weeks of being on vacation, I have counted every calorie and every minute of exercise, even if I have an off day. I've never counted calories until I joined MFP, but it has been so eye-opening. It really has helped hold me accountable for what I'm putting into my mouth. I still eat what I want but its been all about the portion size of everything. Follow your calorie intake and exercise goals that MFP has given you, and it's that easy. You can do it! :) Congrats on your engagement and good luck to you on your journey. We're all here for you when you need that extra motivation!
  • kristi89
    kristi89 Posts: 11
    Options
    go you !!!! im sure with the right friends and support you will make your goal !! and CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement !! xx:happy: