Why the scale should have NOTHING on you. (pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I can relate a little. I have been stuck at the same weight forever. I was getting SOOOO discouraged. Finally I measured myself. I may weigh the same, but my waist is 2 inches smaller and a pair of pants that I bought 2 years ago and never have been able to wear because they were too tight are what I wore to work today. It feels so good that even though the scale is trying to tell me I am not succeeding on this journey my body and clothes are telling me differently.

You look amazing by the way!!!!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    you are right ! i'm a bit on the fence. i look at both. if i don't see the scale move i try and see if there is a change in my body shape. which is usually the case but if not it means i have to kick my butt into a higher gear.
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment, inspirational
  • runningindigo
    runningindigo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You hit the nail on the head, kekl!!! I think those accomplishments are the best motivators to losing weight and getting fit!! Us, as women, have our ups and downs with the scale because of water retention and small fluctuations in our weight. But being able to do 50 military style pushups in a row is BIG BIG BIG!!! Your weight looks good on you! Keep being active like you are and i'm sure you'll have that body for a long time!:wink:
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You show that scale who's boss! Awesome work! The number on the scale definitely does not tell the whole story. You can be a little heavier and be extremely healthy and fit (which I would rather be that than skinny and frail if I had the choice).
  • SammyJogirl
    Options
    I completely agree with u 100%. The scale should not control our weightloss journey. I myself was focused on the number and would get discouraged if it would not keep going down, but now I realize you have to take a step back and look at your progress in other ways. Very inspirational!!
  • neddoh
    neddoh Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    LOVE this.
  • Ninja_Bunny
    Ninja_Bunny Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful lady :)
  • OddBookOut
    OddBookOut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's beautiful. Thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!