Can't reach my water goal?

It's 8 cups, but i never know exactly when to drink them, and i often forget that I should drink water a lot, and by the end of the day i haven't reached my goal but i understand that you shouldn't chug down like 8 glasses of water at once, how do i remember/ration out my water portions and remember it?

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    I try to have a glass or two with each meal.I also count my coffee/iced tea towards it. A lot of people don't, I count it. Good luck!
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 294 Member
    Get a sweet water bottle that you love! I know it may sound silly, but since I got my Takeya bottle, I drink a lot more water. Plus, it is glass, and I think it keeps the water colder than plastic. Good luck and drink up! :)
  • xandraworld
    xandraworld Posts: 11
    chug a bottle when you want to snack!
  • I have two cute water bottles (that are a little bit more than 4 cups each) and with a sharpie, I drew a line and a time where I have to be finished with that amount of water by. I try to drink at least a cup every two hours. :)
  • ahawks98
    ahawks98 Posts: 19
    Put a slice of some fruit in the bottle with your water (cucumber, lemon, orange, peach, fresh mint....) it will give it some flavor and you'd be more inclined to drink it than the plain "flavor" of water. That's what they have for guests at some spas. Hope it helps
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    I drink a cup with each meal (that's 3) and then I have an insulated coffee mug that I fill with cold water (and a little squirt of lemon or lime, to keep it interesting). It holds 2 cups, so I try to drink one over the course of the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening. That actually adds up to 9, so its okay if one of them doesn't quite get finished. I don't count coffee, but I do count all non-caffeinated beverages. Good luck!
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    I put 8 bracelets/rubber bands on my wrist in the morning. I take one off each time I drink a cup. It is something that helps me remember to drink during the day.