Nike Fuel Band

Options
So does anyone have one of these Nike Fuel Bands? Do you like it? Is it accurate?
I am looking for something that will track calories burned, without having to wear
a chest strap. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Replies

• speedracer2007
    speedracer2007 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What is this Nike Fuel Band? BTW ....tell us more about your dogs....I'm a dog lover & I see your photos about 3 or 4 different ones. Also , see you're a Sorannos fan. I sure miss that how. I haven't seen a boxed set of DVDs for the entire series yet...always thought they'd release them.

Great job on that 65 lbs... Thats got to feel great... & all those new clothes you have to buy! LOL
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I looked into this. A friend of mine has it. He swears by it. Only reason I do not have it yet is because there is only an APP for the I Phone. NO app yet for the Droid phones. And I own a Droid.

But you can still hook it right to the computer.
  • OregonShell
    OregonShell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Body bugg is an arm band they used to use on Biggest loser.. I had one for a bit but I was stressing on the numbers to much for me so I gave it to my niece she loves it and it helps her keep on track.. I think 24 hour fitness still carries them other wise can google it ... Good luck in find an item that works best for you
  • birdsmom1
    birdsmom1 Posts: 31
    Options
    You should read the reviews. I read them and will pass on one for now. For my line of work, I couldn't wear anything very fragile. I read some reviews about them breaking easily. I'll recheck the reviews in a couple of months and see if the design has improved.
  • mdhughes33
    mdhughes33 Posts: 40
    Options
    I love love love mine! It keeps me motivated and generally just makes me happy. My only wish is that it had a HRM too. The achievements truly make fitness a game. I set my daily goal and by the end of the day if I haven't reached it, I hit another workout. If you are looking for motivation, I cannot recommend the fuelband highly enough!
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love love love mine! It keeps me motivated and generally just makes me happy. My only wish is that it had a HRM too. The achievements truly make fitness a game. I set my daily goal and by the end of the day if I haven't reached it, I hit another workout. If you are looking for motivation, I cannot recommend the fuelband highly enough!

I love mine too, and also wish there was a HRM option. It really does keep me going daily to meet my fuel goal.
  • Audrey_Joannette
    Options
    I would lobe to get mine too but how do you add your calorie with my fitness pal? I mean id you lost 2000 caloerie in your day you cannot add 2000 calories as an exercice?
  • El_guapo22
    El_guapo22 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I like my fuel band. For me it gives me a goal to reach as far as fuel and activity in my day to day. It's a nice tool.
  • red1775
    Options
    Love fuel band, my wife has one and we have daily comps on what we get done. It reminds me along with MFP that I need to move my self closer to my goal when my motivation is low.

App thing isn't that big of a deal since most all of spend a lot of time on computers anyway.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One, It is more discrete then the Nike. It can clip to your belt or you can put it in you pocket. I find it to be very accurate and also has an accelerometer and altimeter. That measures how fast you take steps and if you are going up and down stairs. I don't think the Nike does that, I think it just counts a step as a step. Also Fitbit is $50 cheaper. Just my two cents.

The Fitbit also records your sleep. Which I was very surprise I slept so poorly.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If the Nike Fuel just basically is a pedometer and doesn't have a HRM, then how is it any better than the zillions of free apps out there, including Striiv which also offers competitions and awards, etc. and is free?

I still want a Body Bugg or Fit Bit some day when I can afford it....but keep talking myself out of it for now.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Found a good review on it here: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404087,00.asp