OMG...Embarrasing!!!!

Options
I am so embarrassed. I went shopping with my husband and father in law and couldn't keep up. Then I ran into a old high school friend that looks like she just graduated. I was out of breath and looked like I was wearing maternity clothing designed for an 80 year old, but that's not the worst of it. This morning my husband and I were doing yard work (and I'm about to have a heart attack) and he ask me to hand him a drill. A drill that weighs all of 5 pounds. I COULD HARDLY PICK IT UP AND HAND IT TO HIM!!! :noway:
I was so embarrassed. My husband, who is really strong, looks at me and says "Are you serious?" and I had to say yes. :sad: Saying that I'm WEAK is an understatement. Newborns have more strength. It's really sad.
So, I'm here today to get my strength back, my body back, and my self respect back. From seeing what I have of this site I know there are other women out there like me and I would love to cheer y'all along if you are willing to do the same. I need some hard kick *kitten* girls to Jillian me back in to shape. Cause I'm freaking pitiful. If you are a kick *kitten* girl or a want to be kick *kitten* girl please feel free to add me to your friends list. Thank you.

Replies

• mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Girl! Pick up the weights. You will love yourself for it. Start where you can and move the weight up progressively. I don't do the JM dvds but you can check out the groups, there are plenty of ladies here that do. There are also several of us that do stronglifts, starting strength, and new rules on lifting for women, when you're ready for it. Good luck on your journey.
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    BTW...there are guys on this site who can also relate :) My advise it to take it day by day, meal by meal, workout by workout..Good luck on your journey.
  • AstyPasty
    AstyPasty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed! Feel proud that you've decided to do something about it :o)

Feel free to add me as a friend and - every bit of encouragement really helps and I'm more than willing to chivvy you along.

Good luck - you can do this!
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well congrats for taking the first step! My wake up call was getting breathless walking up the stairs, I was so ashamed.
    My advice would be, don't drastically cut down your calories. Do some research on here using the search tool and look up TDEE, BMR, Low calories, Eating more to lose more etc. This will help you make an informed decision on where to start and knowledge is power.

Start off exercise nice and slowly with something you enjoy. For me it was walking, for you it might be something else.
    I've done Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred and had huge success with that, now I'm doing Couch 2 5k and heavy lifting. These are all things you could look into doing as well, if not now then in the future.

The best part is coming on here and looking at all the success stories, they motivate me everyday. Best wishes to you on the beginning of your journey.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Add me too!! =) I know how you feel.. I know how it feels to go into a dressing room ='(
  • dreicino
    dreicino Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't worry. We all have hit bottom at sometime or another. Just be proud that you recognized something is wrong. Denial is our ENEMY! You have had your "AHA" moment and have decided enough is enough! Keep you head up and love yourself. Don't overdo it. Start slow and work your way up. I wish I can exercise due to a fractured ankle this past December, but I am watching what I eat. This site has helped me be more careful with my decisions. I am never starved because know what foods will help me feel full without eating more calories. I am starting to find my way, and I know you will find your way too!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Well...poof! I went to look at her profile, and her account has been deactivated.
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Me too...was going to add her as a friend and then her account was deactivated!
  • DanaRae777
    DanaRae777 Posts: 1
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have never had a weight problem UNTIL I had my 3 children. I went from 4 pack abs to mommy with no time for herself. I stay so busy you would think the pounds would fall off BUT NOOOOO they love me so much they have found thier home and they refuse to leave. I have a husband that looks great and I feel like a slob when we go somewhere. He doesn't understand how I feel because he says I don't look bad. I feel like I do. I want the old me back. I don't want to be skinny skinny but I want to feel sexy again I want to feel like a women should feel. Keep your eye on the prize girl and remember YOU GOT THIS. If you slip don't beat yourself up just pick back up and go forward. Your strong hubby better look out cuz soon the new you is coming :) Wish me luck as well I just started and I hope I can do it.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Me, too. Hope she comes back. I think we can all relate to how hard it is to get started.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    She deactivated her account?
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaaaand this person already deactivated their account.....
  • Merrilies
    Merrilies Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh, she's gone, what a shame!
  • wishmeluck7123
    Options
    I feel your pain about having a husband that doesnt really get it. My husband is in the army and can do a lot of physical exercise like its nothing when a little feels like it will kill me and he just doesnt get it. So I always tell him to do it with a 135 pound ruck sack on all day every day. One quote I think is helpful to keep in mind to stay motivated when it feels like you hit your wall is "suck it up now so you wont have to suck it in later"
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    wowww lol that was quick....
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    That was the fastest I have seen someone leave MFP.... either they got fit really quick, or just oculdn't take the thought of working out... poor dear!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I think I just got whiplash !

Hope she finds a solution .....
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Maybe she is coming back as a stronger personality, or wanted a different name??
    I was going to suggest she have a check up with doctor so she would have stats to compare to later and just to make sure there wasn't something more sinister going on healthwise.
  • mrsjs
    mrsjs Posts: 2
    Options
    Awww. She was probably overwhelmed. I've been here for about five minutes and I can see where that could happen.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Might just be a glitch. I've tried to go to a friend's profile before and got that message and then had them comment on something in my feed or on my profile later that day.