Dairy-Free Protein Powder Advice!

Options
I've been anaphylactic to dairy my entire life, so dairy = death for me. I've been looking high and low for a decent dairy free protein powder that actually tastes decent! I've tried the Musashi soy ones and they went okay for a while but for some reason I just can't stomach them anymore, even the smell makes me really sick! I've also tried pea protein as well which was very bland but at least it didn't make me sick!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on some tasty dairy-free protein alternatives? Or any advice on whether or not Soy is even the right option?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• kristyhyam
    kristyhyam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you can find it, the Progressive vegan protein is pretty good. My son is also anaphylactic to dairy so we don't keep it in the house, especially in powder (airborne!) form. Anyways, the berry one is the best of the vegan powders I've tried. It's a mix of pea, bown rice, hemp, and a few other things. And it mixes much better if you have a cup with one of those wire mixer balls in it.

http://www.progressivenutritional.com/en/products-for-women/protein/harmonized-vegan-proteinr.html
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I use Vega One, its not as high is protein as most of the other powders out there (15g/scoop) but it tastes good, and its dairy and soy free.

I drink the chocolate kind mixed with soy milk, and I also have the berry flavor, but I find it needs to be mixed with a fruit smoothie or its kinda gross.
  • mdhughes33
    mdhughes33 Posts: 40
    Options
    Shakeology has a fairly new vegan strawberry. Pretty yummy!