carrot cake.

Mangoaddict
Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
I want a "tried and tested" recipe that makes a moist and soft carrot cake that tastes excellent and is healthy also. PLEASE GIVE ME A RECIPE!!

Replies

• I've got one that I LOVE! I don't have the recipe with me, but if you look up any recipe for carrot cake that uses pineapple (crushed in juice - NOT syrup) - it would be super easy to alter. That's what I did, and I've experimented with it several ways. So....for any regular carrot cake recipe, substitute applesauce (unsweetened) for the butter or oil - just use a little bit more applesause than what the oil calls for. Add a little extra cinnamon. Use whole wheat PASTRY flour instead of white (I get mine from the bulk section of our local Ingles). Cut the sugar in half (I promise it is still plenty sweet!). For the icing, soften two packs of fat free cream cheese (just barely) in the microwave. Beat in a little skim milk, a little vanilla extract, and a little cinnamon. Hope you enjoy it!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Yum Yum! I am going to have to try this it sounds delightful!:happy:
  • http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/sweet/low-fat-moist-carrot-cake.html

Made this the other day & it's the best carrot cake i have ever tasted, yum :)
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    yummy! I wonder how many points?
  • Hmmm i don't know, it doesn't give any nutritional information either does it, i just put it as a low fat carrot cake :)
  • There is a great carrot cale cupcake recipe by the hungry girl. No fat at all! Crushed pineaple and pumpkin make it super moist and yummy!!
This discussion has been closed.