Options
paulwgun
paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
Ok just seen a lengthy tv add promoting insanity
All you people that have invested in the programme
Are you getting results/had results
I know hard work pays off but did not see obese
People in the before shots only people carrying a few extra pounds

Any one on here who was carrying a lot of weight and had results ?

Replies

• paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    bump
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love it! I am carrying about 50 extra pounds. It is very tough, but only do what you can to start out with. I am seeing results already-3 weeks in. I am feeling so much better and the better in shape I get, the more of the workout I can do so it really grows with my progress. Hope this helps!
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If you're an ultimate beginner holding a lot of extra weight, I don't suggest it as a starting point. That's why you see people in "fairly good" shape in the infomercials...they already have a fairly strong fitness base. That being said, if you want to try it, and you have no problem with jumping, hardcore cardio, and a really challenging workout...it will absolutely work for you. Will you go from 300lbs to ripped in 60 days? Well no. But you will see amazing results and it will keep you motivated to keep going. Follow the plan, follow the nutrition guide, and you'll see awesome results, no matter your starting point. Just remember that a) it's HARD WORK, even for "fitness people" like me. b) you won't go from obese to figure competitor shape in 60 days, it's just not going to happen. c) Follow the plan. If you leave out the nutrition and just do the workouts, you won't see maximum results. Eat well, do the workouts, follow the guide, and you'll be impressed.
  • jodaly98
    jodaly98 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started Insanity on May 7th. I love it! It is hard as hell, probably the most difficult thing I have ever done. I started with Jillian Michaels workouts and this is much more difficult than those.

I would recommend Insanity to anyone willing and able to work hard. However, go at your own pace and listen to your body. That is the key to working with the program.

I realize I will have to do two rounds to get the results I want. I am on day 20 and do already see results. I am taking pictures at each fit test. I also did much better on the second fit test than in the beginning. I do not plan on stopping this program at all. I will continue using it, as I do not find it repetitious or boring. I am going to start using my own music though, they could have done a better job with the music.