All4You Posts: 26 Member
What does everyone have/recommend?

Id like to get more accurate calorie count from my workouts

TY :)

Replies

• babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you search on the forums a lot of people have a polar brand. I got a suunto. It was the only type locally that calculated the calories burned. When you buy one ensure it has a chest strap. It's more accurate. And do the settings at the beginning. It sets it up for your weight etc.
    I love mine. MFP was giving me too high of burns for exercise.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have a basic model - Polar FT4, and I love it. It was about $60 on amazon.
  • All4You
    All4You Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    definetly am going for a chest strap I have just a wrist one were use a finger and thumb its pretty impossible to use out on my bike tonight
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've got the Polar FT7 with the chest strap. First time I used it for basketball (after inputting all the settings for age/height/weight etc) the figure it gave me was huge compared to the MFP estimate. especially when working out for longer (would sometimes be playing basketball for a solid 3 hours).

I'm still a little weary of the recorded calorie burn so I tend to subtract 15% off the figure recorded and log that. Would rather under log my exercise so I don't over eat (I eat back majority of my exercise calories).