Fudruckers

Options

Replies

• bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwich on wheat bun, only eat one bun. Mustard, lettuce, tomatoes n pickles. For only 500 calories, diet soda and water. Fudruckers is on MFP food search!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    I eat there twice a week due to out of town obligations on Friday and Sunday, typical dinner on these days for me!
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    they have a turkey burger that hubby loves. i have tasted it and it's really is good. i like me a plain whole burger sometimes:)
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Ate at Fudruckers when my wife and I went to Victoria BC for our 25th wedding anniv. Had best burger I've ever tasted, mind you I am 65 and we have been married 43 years . Nice to know their still going Bob H., York UK
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I can't eat the burgers there. They make me ill. That being said I LOVE the chili cheese fries. I seriously start getting cravings for them. I decide on the days we do that to absolutely NOT count calories. Cause it's nuts there. You gotta live every now and then.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It is not worth the calories AT ALL. My dad wanted a burger for his b day (he has been on an extreamly strict diet... Doc orders) He wanted burger kig really bad. So I said lets go to Fudrucker's. You can get ur burger and fries fix and I am sure it is much better for you. Boy was I wrong. After $35 for 3 people I found he could have had his 2 whoppers w/ cheese, large onion rings and drink for less calories then his 1/2 lb burger basket at Fudrucker's. Where they get you is the bun. They cook it in the grease that the burger extracted. Then to top it all off you have to pay foreverything seperate. One price for burger then another for fries and gotta add on the drink. Like I said it ended up being $35 for 3 people. I much rather would have spent that at a resuraunt that I actually enjoyed.
    Make up your mind, is it not worth the calories or are you just a tightwad?
  • AngieFlames
    AngieFlames Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If the Fuddruckers you are going to is anything like the one we have in town, they do have some healthier options. the grilled chicken burger is really good! But if you want to really watch what you are eating, don't eat the bun. They also have a few salads to choose from as well as a salmon burger.
    But, I am on the side of 'make this your cheat meal'. As I cannot go to Fuddruckers and not have the cheese sauce on my fries!!! This is the reason we usually only go once a year. lol.
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    When I eat out and don't have my husband to split meals with, I always see if they will let me order from the kids menu. Smaller portions really help out. I haven't been there in years, but it used to be really, really good...
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I loved the elk burger from there, only been once though, several years ago.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    My son loves the chili cheese fries. He is thin so can eat what ever he wants. I use to get a buffalo burger but I think they discontinued it. Last time I got a chicken sandwich. I forget the fries and drink water. You can eat there and stay within your calories. The toppings bar is great though.
  • mlynnea03
    mlynnea03 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I worked there about 10 years ago. I got sick one night after my usual loaded potato and said I felt food poisoned when I called off from work the next 2 days. My manager told everyone that I was pregnant. I hate when ppl do that when a woman gets sick, butttt. I have a 10 year old now, lololol. Best fattening food ever. I haven't had any since then, but the turkey burger with sweet potato fries sounds good. I agree with everyone else. You will have to ignore your calories to fully enjoy your meal that day. Go easy the rest of the day. Take half in a to-go plate.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Thank you all guys.
    I only been once and I was pregnant so we all know I did not care. I am thinking I will get either a burger or a chicken sandwich and skip the frys :)
    My husband is leaving soon to be stationed away from me and the kids so trying to hit up some places he wants to eat and spend time together :)
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Fuddruckers...not a fan. :sick:

Convince him to go somewhere else.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Fuddruckers...not a fan. :sick:

Convince him to go somewhere else.

WOW! What is wrong with people...

Read her last post...Her husband is about to be stationed away...Let that man eat anywhere he dang well pleases!

People can be so selfish...
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    It is all about making healthy choices 90% of the time to establish long-term healthy eating patterns. Enjoy the time with hubby and don't worry to much. From a frequent eater there myself, open face grilled chicken sandwich on wheat bun (no butter on bun), I eat only one side of the bun n my hubby eats the other piece of the other bun, no mayonaise, and all vegetables. You are good for the rest of the week!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I went there a few weeks ago, I had a couple of my husbands fries and I ate a burger without a bun and without cheese. lol Not so great when you're serious about cutting calories. They do grind their own meat so et least that is WAY better quality than going to a fast food place.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I love that place. You can't go wrong with any of their hamburgers lol
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Thank you all guys.
    I only been once and I was pregnant so we all know I did not care. I am thinking I will get either a burger or a chicken sandwich and skip the frys :)
    My husband is leaving soon to be stationed away from me and the kids so trying to hit up some places he wants to eat and spend time together :)
    Oh, well in that case, eff it. Have a good time. You will have tons of time to torture yourself when he is gone lol And when he gets back you will be an all new you with a better handle on things. Enjoy your time with your man!
  • tinaslosingit
    tinaslosingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ate there on the way to the beach the other day. Got a kid's burger and fruit cup. Load up on the veggies on your burger. I just worked it into my calories for the day. They have grilled chicken sandwiches and salads as well. I hadn't had a burger in 4 months so I was ready for beef. Good luck!

good idea to do the kid's burger
  • kimmisatch
    kimmisatch Posts: 105
    Options
    Hehe I thought it was a "code" for a swearword LOL
    Hope you find something yum and enjoy your time with hubby :flowerforyou: