3 Hours Biking on

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
a Carrera Crossfire is bloody hard work, but I just cannot decide what the hell bike to get next. There are too many choices out there, and I don't want to be spending weeks researching every single bike I might be able to get.

I have never been on a road bike, and am quite nervous of going really fast in traffic anyway, but 12mph maximum is just too slow for me, and the hills are hell to get up on a bike weighing over 14kg, plus the gears don't go high enough for when I am going down hills.

I have been considering the Carrera Gryphon, the Boardman Comp, the Specialized Sirrus, a Marin and the various Trek bikes there are out there, and honestly, I don't know which would best suit me, given I sometimes am on rather bumpy pavements as well as a lot of smooth roads.

Replies

• mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    go buy a road bike!!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I have a Trek road bike and I LOVE it! Try going to a local bike shop and have them fit you for a bike. You don't want to buy just anything and some bike shops will let you put it on a trainer and test it out before you buy.
  • fumter
    fumter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Spend a weekend visiting the local bike shops in your town and take some out for a ride. There are some good 21 speed hybrid commuter bikes out there that handle great on the road and some minor off-road action.
    I had this one for a while and loved it. I could easily maintain a 12-14mph average hitting max speeds of 20mph.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/cypress.dx/9019/48868/

My goal is to get a road bike eventually. I would snap one in half if i tried riding one now
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Options
    My road bike weighs a little more than that. But then, it's a Panasonic, and about as old as I am, if not older.