Calling all Vegans!!!

Options
I need some advice on how to lose weight as a vegan...I have been a vegan for a month now and I love it however I am not losing weight instead I am gaining. I feel better with the change in eating habits, but need some kick start to get this weight off... any help/advice is appreciated..... plus some nice food tips would be great, I found a couple books that have some strange recipes any everyday meals would be a great help too!

Replies

• jessicob
    Options
    are you consuming too much protein??
  • nfreeman08
    Options
    I think I might be overdoing the breads, eventhough I dont eat anything white (breads, rice, etc) I do eat alot of wheat, rolled oats, pita breads (wheat), having a hard time counting calories, since most of my on the go meals are at middle eastern restaurants, and salad places...
  • Faithopeloves
    Faithopeloves Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I always log my calories, and exercise. I have been vegan all year and have lost 60 pounds. Eat lots of salads and soups, (bean, lentil, split pea). I limit the whole grain carbs to only a few servings a day, not with every meal. So, if I have a sandwich for lunch, I won't have toast in the morning or rice with dinner. I put tons of veggies in everything I make too. If I have rice, quinoa, or beans, there will be peppers, onions, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, etc mixed in too!
  • nfreeman08
    Options
    Thank you!! That really helps me.......